Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Nailed" thread format
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
1970 Neun vierzehn
First, forgive my arrogance and egotism by presenting my car. It is, however, a 914 that I have owned for the past 36 years and that I purchased from the original owner. The changes from OEM are all mine as the P/O had modified nothing. The format I am presenting is a suggestion for how a model year/model area might be presented. As better/cleaner/more original photos of a specific model year/model area are acquired, that information would supercede the previous photo, with the old picture deleted.

Since I will not be able to post all these pictures on a single post, imagine that the photos would be combined on one, single thread for a 1970 914/4. Later model year photos would be formated in the same sequence, i.e. front trunk, rear trunk, interior, etc.

Front trunk......
1970 Neun vierzehn
Front trunk w/spare (note the alloy Pedrini was not fitted on MY 1970)
1970 Neun vierzehn
Front trunk, cowl area (note the absence of a charcoal canister on this early model (Build date 01/1970)
1970 Neun vierzehn
Cowl w/brake fluid reservoir
1970 Neun vierzehn
Cowl, center
1970 Neun vierzehn
Cowl, w/windshield washer reservoir and fuel filler
1970 Neun vierzehn
I am not going to continue posting front trunk photos, but the next sequence of pictures would then move into the interior. As an example....

Interior/dash.....note absence of fresh air vents on the MY1970. Also note that the steering wheel is an aftermarket item.
1970 Neun vierzehn
dashboard/center...note the dealer installed Motorola radio w/PORSCHE script
1970 Neun vierzehn
dashboard with 1970 correct center vent, on dash top....carpeting is OEM but once again, the steering wheel is an aftermarket item
1970 Neun vierzehn
seating, the 1970 had a non adjustable passenger seat and non-retracting lap/shoulder belts with a third lap belt (only) for an occasional third passenger.
1970 Neun vierzehn
This "format" would continue throughtout the different areas of the car; rear trunk, engine, bumpers, wheels, etc. I realize that there could/will be more pictures added to a specific area, details are indeed abundant throughout these cars. Each model year would be presented in the same sequence, i.e. front trunk(first), interior (next), engine compartment (next), rear trunk (next), and so on through specific areas. With identical formats, those looking for information would always view photos in the same sequence regardless of what model year they would be researching. To wit, the front of the car would always present first, then the thread would progress through the cowl, interior, engine, etc., etc.

Sorry for the long-winded example, but it's just a suggestion/proposal/example to try to make sense of some excellent information and material that needs to be accessed more easily.

Paul
MDG
Yes.
scotty b
YUP smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.