Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanks Ron!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I can't tell what's cooler, I guy who genuinely likes 914's or a guy who just likes to help people out.

If you've been on this board or the club long enough you've at some point you've run across a crusty guy who doesn't captain a ship but is just as cool if not cooler ( sorry cap'n but we've never met).

I'm talking about Slits. smilie_pokal.gif

Now I know some are probably saying I'm drunk posting or that I'm nuts but truthfully it's both. biggrin.gif But I've gotta say that Ron is by far the most helpful and generous guy I've met locally while trying to put together a 40 year old car (don't worry Bruce, your props will come soon).

So, Ron...thanks a million. If you haven't had the pleasure; drop him a note. He's a great guy In SoCal with tons of knowledge that will bend over backward to help you out.

Thanks again Ron
Kev beerchug.gif
Java2570
QUOTE(kconway @ Sep 3 2011, 03:00 AM) *

I can't tell what's cooler, I guy who genuinely likes 914's or a guy who just likes to help people out.

If you've been on this board or the club long enough you've at some point you've run across a crusty guy who doesn't captain a ship but is just as cool if not cooler ( sorry cap'n but we've never met).

I'm talking about Slits. smilie_pokal.gif

Now I know some are probably saying I'm drunk posting or that I'm nuts but truthfully it's both. biggrin.gif But I've gotta say that Ron is by far the most helpful and generous guy I've met locally while trying to put together a 40 year old car (don't worry Bruce, your props will come soon).

So, Ron...thanks a million. If you haven't had the pleasure; drop him a note. He's a great guy In SoCal with tons of knowledge that will bend over backward to help you out.

Thanks again Ron
Kev beerchug.gif

Totally agree, Ron helped me out because he wanted to and gave me great advice!
Thanks Ron!!
Elliot Cannon
I guess you can fool some of the people, some of the time! lol-2.gif
Dr Evil
I've known Ron from the old days and yes, he is crusty smile.gif

Oh ya, and generous. He is a kindhearted as he is ugly. That is one kind SOB biggrin.gif poke.gif
markb
Well put, Doc. biggrin.gif
JRust
agree.gif Ron is a good guy! There are many who have gotten free parts from him. Including myself. You rock buddy slap.gif
jim_hoyland
agree.gif I've been a benificiary of advice and parts as well. Ron has helped the 914 community gather and swap parts through the bi-annual G & R Rusty Parts Swapmeet and Flesh Eating Roast along with Glen Sager.
Many of us have unloaded and bought 914 parts there, eaten gourmet tube steaks, and shared stories. Thanks for the support Ron ! smile.gif
balljoint
Just to balance this disgusting lovefest out I'm going to go bump one of those myriad of threads that bitch about SLITS and his rude t-shirts.

BRB

wink.gif
Gint
That guy is a real asshole. bootyshake.gif At least in his own mind. slits.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.