Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ?s about '76 2.0 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmargush
I am looking at a 76 2.0 engine and was curious if all the smog stuff can be removed and basically set the engine up in a pre smog configuration? like a '73 or '74

I have a pre-smog set of heat exchangers I could put on it.

Is the injection harness the same?

anything else I would have to consider?

Jeff
SLITS
Pull the smog stuff ... plug the air injection tube holes and you essentially have a '73 - '74 2.0L.

Wiring harness is approximately the same, but it has a speed controller wired in (white plug). Don't need to use it.

As far as I remember the MPS / ECU combination is an 049 MPS with an O52 ECU. '73 - '74 combination will work maybe a little better as it won't be set as lean.

I ran one in a '74 for 5 years and didn't notice any difference between it and the original '74 engine.

Good enough?
jmargush
Thanks, sounds like a pretty easy adaptation.
markb
After the the air injection tube holes are plugged, do you need to vent the heads?
76-914
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 3 2011, 01:10 PM) *

After the the air injection tube holes are plugged, do you need to vent the heads?

nope, at least I didn't.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 3 2011, 05:18 PM) *

QUOTE(markb @ Sep 3 2011, 01:10 PM) *

nope, at least I didn't.

I have a 75. 2.0 d-jet, the air injection holes had been plugged when I got it, I also backdated the exhaust, and all the smog stuff's gone. Currently running pretty good. ( no smog testing in s.c.)
SLITS
QUOTE(jmargush @ Sep 3 2011, 12:09 PM) *

Thanks, sounds like a pretty easy adaptation.

It would be nice, but the '75-'76 is vented through the oil filler ... big hole, no PCV valve as I remember.

I didn't vent the heads on mine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.