Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: colorado vintage event coming up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I know this is a repeat thread.. but I wanted to remind people and invite any visitors that might be interested....

I contacted Carl Fegahli (an amazing colorado teener driver) to varify if he will make it or not with his just completed restoration...

YEP...

he said that the repaint/restore was done and that they almost have the bugs worked out on his new motor.. so he will be there..

Its an original VIN 6.. with a FACTORY installed M471 that includes the factory GT valance, oil cooler, fenders, hoods, thermostat, etc..... Plus the new motor is a full 906 twin plug 2.0 (motor is an AJRS special, probably 230hp+ at sea level)

This is a COOL car... and in Carl's hands it ought to be amazing... I seriously suspect it will give some of the shelbys, and vette's a good run on this tight track...

SO anyone and everyone should come out to the RMVR fundraising race this weekend (sat/sun)
there will be a gate fee, but all of the money goes to building the CMC colorado race track for ourselves....

brant
Ferg
What time am I picking you up? wavey.gif
Ferg
brant
what time you wanna go?

I've got to grab my tranny while I'm out there.. (ended up having AJ not rebuild it and will wait on the regear)

but, I think my pops is coming too.. so he can put the tranny in his car if he comes and I can ride with ya..

how much of the day you wanna spend out there?
b
vortrex
someone needs to take pics of this car.
Ferg
I'll take some pic's, for sure... any specific area's i'll take as many as I can.
Ferg.
brant
Ferg,

I know Dave P wanted the vin... I didn't ask carl and haven't seen the car yet.. so get a pic of the VIN plate too......

as a side note: I think Alan Benjamins 1972 2.4 911 recently completed vintage racer will be there too.. It should run in the same class as carl's car...

talk about clash of the titans. Alan's car looks amazing. 3R build it from the ground up and I've heard rumors that he has 100k into it. I hope he is there and the porsches' can woop some butt on the american iron in that class....

Plus Allen Johnsen will be there doing track support just for carl.. I guess if you get a new 20k engine built this comes along with it....
brant
seanery
I didn't see the track listed, am i blind?
brant
sean,

no its a local track that colorado motorsports council holds a lease upon....

no big thing really: second creek raceways

http://www.2ndcreekraceway.com/

here is a link to a lap on it, bottom of the page in red:
http://vista.pca.org/alp/

b
davep
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 13 2004, 11:44 AM)
Ferg,

I know Dave P wanted the vin... I didn't ask carl and haven't seen the car yet.. so get a pic of the VIN plate too......

DaveP always wants the VIN, chassis number (sixes look in the rear trunk only), and the color code from the Karmann badge.

Good things to take photos of are the oil tank area, the oil cooler, fuel pumps, roof attachment, and anything unusual. Oh yes, brakes if possible and in particular good shots of the calipers. If they are original calipers, there may be some particular characteristics to look for.

DaveP
Ferg
Mission Accepted! biggrin.gif anyone want any shots of MG's (just kidding) :finger2:
Ferg
maxwelj
Is this the car that resided here in Tulsa for the last 30+ years? wub.gif Bought by Charley Grimes, then Howard DeHaven? It was supposed to be the ONLY factory built GT exported directly to the states. Someone on this board had a picture of it in the Rennsport showroom (as a pic of what their dream was) on their personal website.
I know Howard sold it a year or two ago.
brant
QUOTE(maxwelj @ Jul 13 2004, 01:22 PM)
Is this the car that resided here in Tulsa for the last 30+ years? wub.gif Bought by Charley Grimes, then Howard DeHaven? It was supposed to be the ONLY factory built GT exported directly to the states. Someone on this board had a picture of it in the Rennsport showroom (as a pic of what their dream was) on their personal website.
I know Howard sold it a year or two ago.

dunno...

what color was that one?
I know carl bought it about 3 years back..
had to sell 2 of his 3 other -6 cars to do it...

it was an original dark green car that someone had resprayed the exterior only to olive green.. when I talked to him, he confirmed that he had went back to factory color....

brant
maxwelj
No, Charley's/Howard's was always yellow, and street driven. I'd be surprised if it had over 20K miles on it.
maxwelj
I looked around, and the car I'm talking about is the one pictured on Karl Ellzey's website (my914-6.com). I don't know where it is now.
Gint
Brant and Ferg,

Don't forget to let me know when you're going to be there this weekend. I'm going to stop in for at least an hour.
brant
Mike,

how does saturday am (10ish) work for you...?
brant
Gint
Looking good so far... I just changed some plans to Sunday after hearing that day/time. I've got a story to tell ya...
brant
you'd better email me or call me at home tonight...
I love stories...

oh.. my paint job is done...

brant
Gint
I'll save it for Saturday.

What paint job? The 6? Who did it?
brant
Yeah.. the -6 (tangerine)
I haven't actually seen it yet because my father picked it up... but its in his garage in lamar under a cover...

I knew I was out of time.. so I did all the prep, all the priming.. and paid a shop in lamar just to shoot it.

dad says it looks very good.

They did the engine bay, trunks, inside the fenders, underneath the trunks, cockpit, body, loose hoods doors engine lid and rockers...
everything basically

brant
brant
Update:

race eligible porsches were also invited to this event and will be in the same run group as the big bore cars and trans-am cars (and the 914-6gt)...

reportedly 180 cars are now registered...
could be a bit packed out there on such a small (1.7 mile) track..
but LOTS of passing and action...

b
i love porsche
why cant i live in colorado!

make sure you take tons of pictures of this car!!!!!
davep
icon_bump.gif

Any updates on this event?
MarkG
QUOTE(davep @ Jul 19 2004, 08:48 AM)
icon_bump.gif

Any updates on this event?

It was great!! went Saturday morning stayed untill 1:30 or so...good 914 showing;

been in Colorado 13 years and had no idea this track was here until I saw posting on this board for this event!! WELL worth the drive up fron C Springs!

Truck compant says my 'new' teener should arive today......maybe will drive it to next related event!
Ferg
It was a good event, but the star of the show, the M471 car did not make it. The owner was having running problems and brought his 944 turbo instead... sad.gif
But it was a good 914 showing, and got to meet a bunch of new people.
Ferg.
brant
Apparently they are having tuning problems with the 46 carbs on the 906 motor.
They really think its an intake resonance thing.
Apparently they tried 2 different ignitions and lots of fuel options and really feel its down to exhaust resonance.

They said they tried a suppertrap, phase 9, and borlas... they got desperate and started sawzalling the pipes shorter one inch at a time, but did not suceed....

said it pulls good to 5K but then starts to hit a flat spot and won't pull through it very well....

MSD is set for redlined at 8K but valve springs are good for 9K... holy cow....!!!

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.