Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radio Power
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
I'm installing a Sony radio that needs switched and constant 12+. What are the best sources for radio power? My steering column is removed, so I can't check 12+ at the moment. Is cig lighter constant or switched (I'd like to tap off of that since I never use it anyway)?

Thanks,

Andy
windforfun
For a "73 1.7, the cig lighter is switched.
76-914
Do it at the fuse panel. There is no reason not to on this car. It's super easy. Disconnect - at bat, remove the 2 screws holding the fuse block up and you'll find what your looking for. There might exist a double spade on 10 or 11. I can't remember which one it is but both of my 914's had this extra available spade. No matter; you can slip 1 or 2 doublers on at the fuse block. You won't have to cut or splice any factory wiring this way. And again, it's super easy.
andys
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 3 2011, 12:06 PM) *

Do it at the fuse panel. There is no reason not to on this car. It's super easy. Disconnect - at bat, remove the 2 screws holding the fuse block up and you'll find what your looking for. There might exist a double spade on 10 or 11. I can't remember which one it is but both of my 914's had this extra available spade. No matter; you can slip 1 or 2 doublers on at the fuse block. You won't have to cut or splice any factory wiring this way. And again, it's super easy.

I need both a switched and a constant 12+, so I need to know the function of 10 or 11. As I mentioned earlier, I can't check anything with the DVM with no power at the moment.

Thanks,

Andys
jcd914
QUOTE(andys @ Sep 3 2011, 01:59 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 3 2011, 12:06 PM) *

I need both a switched and a constant 12+, so I need to know the function of 10 or 11. As I mentioned earlier, I can't check anything with the DVM with no power at the moment.

Thanks,

Andys

From 74 wiring diagram:
Fuse 8 Power with key on, no power while cranking (X circuit - accessories)
Fuse 9 Power key on and cranking (T15 circuit - ignition)
Fuses 10, 11, 12 Battery power (hot all the time)

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.