Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grass Roots Motorsports Club Racer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Ok, I'll start this? I has been suggested that we pool our resources and build a club racer. Here's the idea. A shell from the Gold Coast moves through the country in relay fashion from member to member. Parts are added as the car moves tword the eventual Grass Roots event. Any interest in this?
brant
I want to use my car... ha ha ha...

Seriously, I can't get my own cars back on the road and need all of the money and resources I can get for them...

I don't want to come across as selfish.. but who drives this car, and who is to blame when its wrecked?

brant
seanery
Who cares (who gets to drive it or if it gets wrecked)....maybe we could do it for charity or something...like the ALS foundation (if there is one) or something cool.

We could get some good press out of it.

Kinda get known as a club that actually DOES something ya know?!

I'm all up fer it.
kdfoust
You talk'n about "the 2003" or whatever it's called where you've got a limit of $2003 to build a car that'll AX, Drag race, and a thing or two else? Is that what you're talk'n about?

When is it? Are we too late for this year's event or could we get into it? I think it's a great idea! I don't know how I'd do a race-like 914 for $2003 when I spend money in $1k chunks no matter what the project is. It would be a cool challenge. Didn't a guy enter a 928 in this event a year or two ago?

Rock on,
Kevin
seanery
We'd prolly have to do the $2004 challenge, which is cool cus it gets us more money! biggrin.gif
Matt914MI
Sounds like a cool idea if it's for charity. I'm in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.