Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 914 Bellcrank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
racerbvd
I know I have a few, it is the where that I don't know and Now that I need it I can't find any....

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
I have. PM me with offer.
racerbvd
PMs sent sad.gif Still looking sad.gif
euro911
Buy parts, store them away in a safe place and can't find them when they're needed ... I feel your pain headbang.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 9 2011, 07:52 PM) *

Buy parts, store them away in a safe place and can't find them when they're needed ... I feel your pain headbang.gif

Yea, I have a couple of trannies, but they are packed in my car trailer (not by me) and I can't get to them headbang.gif where the SOB packed em...
racerbvd
Still need one confused24.gif
Any other time, I would be tripping over them, but the trannies are packed in the middle of my race trailer (not by me mad.gif last time my health was down & makes this pix look neat & easy mad.gif )
Click to view attachment
and know these are only a $5 to $10 part that most of us have given away when doing side shift swaps...
racerbvd
confused24.gif Still need one??? confused24.gif
a914guy
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Nov 1 2011, 02:40 PM) *

Byron,

I build the 914-6 bellcrank if that's what you need. welder.gif

It's a pretty well done piece and it's dimensionally correct.

Let me know.

Rich
a914guy@aol.com
214-478-9418
Old Yeller
racerbvd
QUOTE(a914guy @ Nov 2 2011, 07:00 PM) *

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Nov 1 2011, 02:40 PM) *

Byron,

I build the 914-6 bellcrank if that's what you need. welder.gif

It's a pretty well done piece and it's dimensionally correct.

Let me know.

Rich
a914guy@aol.com
214-478-9418
Old Yeller

Any pix & details??
Thanks..
Dr Evil
Ya, but Rich will want actual $$ for one rolleyes.gif Your offer of $15 wont get you one wink.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 3 2011, 03:07 PM) *

Ya, but Rich will want actual $$ for one rolleyes.gif Your offer of $15 wont get you one wink.gif

Well, you never gave me a price either... sad.gif
914ltd
Byron, Rich Johnson's throttle linkage and other parts are top quality and he's a great person to deal with. Brad
Dr Evil
When you threw out that you get them for $15 all the time, I knew it was pointless. Also, I use converted cranks. I get regular 911 ones, heat the braze and re-angle them for correct use in a 914. I would charge $50.
a914guy
This is going to be a tough crowd..... shades.gif

The lever ends come from Stoddard. The levers are water jet cut.
The tube comes from Germany (nobody carries that ID/OD size in the US).
The levers are brazed and the assembly is zinc plated. It takes about
an hour and a half to build each one.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I'd love to do some trading for some 911 rear eBrake parts if you have a source.
The 74-77 parts are ideal.

Click to view attachment

Rich
a914guy@aol.com
214-478-9418

rgalla9146
$10 - $ 15 ...... tripping over them ? ...... Really ?.... Really ?

racerbvd
Thanks, Rich has one that fits my needs coming to us.. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 3 2011, 07:33 PM) *

When you threw out that you get them for $15 all the time, I knew it was pointless. Also, I use converted cranks. I get regular 911 ones, heat the braze and re-angle them for correct use in a 914. I would charge $50.

I said that I use to, anyone who has been playing playing 914s for any length of time remembers when tail shifters were tossed in favor of side shifers, the box in the car being restored was converted which is why I needed the parts to convert back. I also said that it had been a long time since I dealt tail shifters & do have a few trannies buried in on of my storage, but with my back, I can't go digging around, plus I wasn't there when my stuff was moved. So, instead of informing me to come into the 21st Century, you chose to be a Dick, but that is just how you are.

$10 - $ 15 ...... tripping over them ? ...... Really ?.... Really ?

Tripping over old Porsche parts, yes and some of us did really well swapping out USA parts (head lights & such) for the Euro parts when importing Gray-Market cars were the rage and saved the Euro parts, same with tail to Side shift parts. Course, I checked a local old timer, whose shop is less organised than my storage's, and another Porsche mechanic, both seemed to think that was still the prices were still in that area. So yes, in the past I have had so many parts that you would trip over..

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
While the one above has been cleaned, most sold, I still have this..

Click to view attachment
And this..
Click to view attachment
And a bunch of my trannies were moved into this trailer was I was down..
Which is where my 914 boxes (as well a 901 for 912 and a few 915s and toked 968 "6" speed..
Click to view attachment
So yes, I do trip over parts, including Porsche rims...
Click to view attachment (and no, these Fuchs are not for sale)
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
I had to pay $50 for mine if I wanted one back in 2004. I decided to convert the 911/912 one and save cash. I was intending on selling converted ones, but then you posted $15 and that is not worth it.

Ya, I'm a dick jerkit.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 25 2011, 04:01 PM) *

I had to pay $50 for mine if I wanted one back in 2004. I decided to convert the 911/912 one and save cash. I was intending on selling converted ones, but then you posted $15 and that is not worth it.

Ya, I'm a dick jerkit.gif

You PMed me to make an offer, I checked a couple of local guys who in the past bought stuff traded with me, and that is what I replied back to you.
You COULD have told me that I was way off on the value in the PM, but you chose to slam me here, so YES, you are a Dick..
Dr Evil
Slam you? Man, got any pics of you in panties all twisted up? Lighten up Francis. I didnt want to slam you, it was a poke at you since your famous quote is, "Wanna trade?"

Its OK, I dont hate you. wub.gif I just think you are...odd blink.gif wink.gif
naro914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 25 2011, 11:46 PM) *

: I just think you are...odd blink.gif wink.gif

Now THAT'S an understatement.... poke.gif smile.gif

So what's the difference between a 911 and 914 bell crank? And....how do I know which one I have? Pics please...
racerbvd
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 25 2011, 09:46 PM) *

Slam you? Man, got any pics of you in panties all twisted up? Lighten up Francis. I didnt want to slam you, it was a poke at you since your famous quote is, "Wanna trade?"

OK Mike, Sorry if I over reacted, been a very rough week and making a hour and a half trip to the VA last night to get a friend there didn't help my mood..
Dr Evil
The arms are reversed since one is pulled from the nose cone (911 has transmission backwards) and one is pulled from the bell housing. I heat up the braze and change the position of one of the arms to match the angle of the 914/6 one.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Nov 26 2011, 11:18 AM) *

OK Mike, Sorry if I over reacted, been a very rough week and making a hour and a half trip to the VA last night to get a friend there didn't help my mood..

Its all good. I have over reacted a time or two and am still tolerated here. I have had a markedly shitty week as well. To personal to go into, but I am surprised I didnt get all pissy with you so I understand wub.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(naro914 @ Nov 26 2011, 06:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 25 2011, 11:46 PM) *

: I just think you are...odd blink.gif wink.gif

Now THAT'S an understatement.... poke.gif smile.gif

So what's the difference between a 911 and 914 bell crank? And....how do I know which one I have? Pics please...

I got a ton of parts too. Not nearly as much as you and I'm certainly not in this to make enemies.
I'm sure have a lot in common.
I find it very curious that you never mention that this part is for a 6..... and only a real 6 or a very well done conversion 6.
This WTB would have every 4cyl guy looking on their transaxles for a part that is not there.
I've never seen one installed on a 4.... I don't think I'm wrong.
It would be better to discuss it over a beer........now about those wheels.
racerbvd
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 26 2011, 10:04 AM) *

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Nov 26 2011, 11:18 AM) *

Its all good. I have over reacted a time or two and am still tolerated here. I have had a markedly shitty week as well. To personal to go into, but I am surprised I didnt get all pissy with you so I understand wub.gif

This week would make a hit country song, complete with pet dying another friend not doing well, ect, ect, ect.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.