Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch pedal squeak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
I have replaced the pedal bushings and the guide wheel at the transaxle. Clutch and accel cables are not twisted together.
At start up and until the car gets really warm, the pedal doesn't squeak and the cable moves smoothly. Once the car is hot, the pedal starts moaning and its feels like the cable is being dragged thru a bag of sand or gravel.
Seems like something has expanded with the heat but not sure.
Any ideas on what to check or lubricate???
Thanks for the advice.
rnellums
I had some pedal squeak just like that, but was more constant. It was the clutch pedal rubbing against the footboard as you pushed it in and out. Its an easy check.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Sep 4 2011, 08:19 AM) *

I have replaced the pedal bushings and the guide wheel at the transaxle. Clutch and accel cables are not twisted together.
At start up and until the car gets really warm, the pedal doesn't squeak and the cable moves smoothly. Once the car is hot, the pedal starts moaning and its feels like the cable is being dragged thru a bag of sand or gravel.
Seems like something has expanded with the heat but not sure.
Any ideas on what to check or lubricate???
Thanks for the advice.

You are feeling resistance as the temp increases. I would suspect the cable housing under the engine. Start with a brand new cable (cheap). Keep you old one for an emergency. The cable sheath can be effected by excess heat. I run heat wrap on my sheath where it is close to the exhaust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.