Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Suspension info anywhere
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
86motoman
I need help understanding how the suspensions on these 914's work.

Does anybody know of any how do 914 suspensions work on the web?

I am working on the wrecked 914...I have discovered the splined shaft inside the torsion bar (is that right?), has broken or came loose? This should affect my ride height right? That corner is dropped to the ground.

Anyone...any info.
RAR
The splined shaft is the torsion bar. In effect it is a straight spring that works by twisting. The splines have to be attached at both ends of the A arms. It sounds like the bar may indeed be broken--it does happen. They should be replaced in pairs, not just one side.
Eric_Shea
agree.gif you broke the t-bar. Let me know if you need a pair. I just sawzalled a 74.
86motoman
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 13 2004, 06:10 PM)
agree.gif you broke the t-bar. Let me know if you need a pair. I just sawzalled a 74.

I will take it all apart on Thurs. But it is looking like I need a new torsion bar, a-arm and tie rod. That's what I know of at the moment anyway.

I am going to college and trying to get my 914 back on the road for transportation...
RAR
Bent A arm and tie rod too, huh?
86motoman
Yah....it hit hard....I am hoping to get everything on straight.
groot
I have A-arms that I don't need anymore....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.