Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Cup II wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
I am told that Porsche Cup II wheels will bolt right onto an 84 911 carerra, all fine with no rubbing.
OK, that makes sense, the offset seems close enough.

Do these same wheels fit on a 914 and does anyone have pics?
I figure I cant drive both cars at the same time...so why not have some swappable rubber and wheels.

I have 15's in the 914, 16's on the 911 and I believe 17's will look nice on both.
17's have more rubber available and the type of tire I am seeking is not race rubber but all weather/winter rubber.

Rich
sixnotfour
You will need spacers for the 911 and 914
914junkie
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 5 2011, 02:00 PM) *

You will need spacers for the 911 and 914

agree.gif
You would need 1" spacers on the Carrera and possibly more than 1" on a GT flared car I would think, depending on how close you want to run them to the lip. I ran Cup II's on my Sheridan body car for a bit. Not GT flares but might give you an idea of what it would look like. ~ Paul
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
zambezi
Not Cup II's but similar wheels are the turbo twists. I have 7's on all 4 corners with no flares just standard rolling of the fender lip. I have 3/8 spacers on the rear and either 1 inch or 3/4 up front (don't remember right now).
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
r_towle
what year are those wheels from?
And, what size tire are you running?

I am looking to do the same thing...no flares on either car.

Rich
IronHillRestorations
IIRC the Cup II wheels are 964 series, which would make them have the later offset, so you'll need spacers
Cairo94507
Zambezi- That is looking very nice.
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(zambezi @ Sep 5 2011, 11:27 PM) *

Not Cup II's but similar wheels are the turbo twists. I have 7's on all 4 corners with no flares just standard rolling of the fender lip. I have 3/8 spacers on the rear and either 1 inch or 3/4 up front (don't remember right now).
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Would love more details on those wheels, tire size, and your setup. How far did you actually have to pull the fender lips out? Did you roll them on the tires with a baseball bat?

The car looks great!
zambezi
here is some more info on my set up. I am running stock brakes and suspension with redrilled rotors and screw in studs (loctite of course). The rear wheels have 1/2 inch spacers (I measured everything tonight). The fronts are 1 inch spacers machined down to the minimum I can go before I will have interference problems with the strut. The finished machine thickness came to .830 inch. The hub-centric portion needed to me remachined in the back side of the spacer anyways due tho the early style hubcentric design (much larger than the current design used by Porsche). The wheels are all 7" wide with a 55 mm offset. This is the standard wheels used on the fronts of any early year boxster or even the 911's if they had the 17's. They are commonly called "turbo twists". I have another full set in my shop of 7's and 8.5's. I also am running them on my 928 but they are the 911 sizes of 7's and 9's. The 914 is running 205/50/zr17's on all 4 corners. The fenders on the 914 are stock except the lips have been rolled. And by rolled I mean with the use of a hammer and dolly they have been turned up flat against itself rather than the factory 90 degree ledge. I did not use a bat or similar method at all to push the fender further out. I also have raised the front end slightly from the first pics. I am including a current picture I took tonight of the stance. Hope this all helps.
JIM
Click to view attachment
front wheel spacer

Click to view attachment
rear wheel spacer

Click to view attachment
wheel designation markings

Click to view attachment
front wheel-well lip

Click to view attachment
rear wheel-well lip

Click to view attachment
current stance - motor is in but no deck lids
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.