Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9" (228 mm) bus clutch (and flywheel)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
I know Renegade and KEP sell 228mm clutches, and flywheels to match.. but they seem awful proud of their flywheels. I have a bus flywheel that has a 228mm clutch spot, and the ring gear has the same tooth pattern. Can I just use this instead? (I realize that I'll have to machine it for an SBC bolt pattern, but that's no biggie) One difference I did notice was the pilot bearing is in the crank instead of the flywheel. Will that cause a problem?
skline
That is the 9" clutch and flywheel they use, they machine it down to fit an SBC and they make an aluminum piece that fits in the end of the crank to hold the pilot bearing, $20 from Kennedy, 40 from Rod Simpson and 75 from Renegade. Take your pick. I would suggest a better clutch disk from Kennedy however, you are putting a lot more HP to it than any VW would.
dan10101
Scott, how much will that clutch you sent me hold?

Andrew (on dads comp)
skline
I think that was a stage 3 wasnt it? It should say right on it. It was 2700 pounds so I would guess it would take 300 HP. I think that is what it was rated at.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.