Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you think about these seats in a teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dbelleperc
I am think of installing racing seats in the 914 and just was wondering what people thought of the Recaro GT3 Seats. Yes I know that the back pad will have to be reupholstered, but if I try I think I can make it fit. i.e. custom brackets.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

P.S. I will be getting fiber glass seats not the carbon fiber.
VegasRacer
I personally don't care for the alien look. (no offence Rich918-S)
The holes on the seat back look kinda high.
I see that it works for a stock shoulder belt. How does it work with a 5 point harness?
dbelleperc
There are brackets that mount on the bottom of the seat for a 6 point harness. As well as a fire extinguisher.
http://www.akkuratpgi.com/fabrication.html

IPB Image
IPB Image
Joe Ricard
I don't know send them to me and I will try them out for the season. biggrin.gif

Both seats are worth more than my whole car!!!!!!!
David,

GT3 seats look great, but how much?
cool.gif
dbelleperc
The cheapest is about $2250-2500 pair shipped. But i've seen people selling them for $3500 and up. Ouch.

I have a friend with a 996 that has them and the leather on the seats is great quality besides being really comfortable as well.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(dbelleperc @ Jul 14 2004, 05:05 AM)
The cheapest is about $2250-2500 shipped. But i've seen people selling them for $3500 and up. Ooch.

I have a friend with a 996 that has them and the leather on the seats is great quality besides being really comfortable as well.

Is that a pair or each price? They look they would mount too high. Your head may be higher than the windsheild. Put them in a 914 so we can see how they mount.
dbelleperc
Edited: Pair

I have the measurements of the seats and yes they do look bigger in the pictures than in person.
cha914
You will probably need to cut out the cross brace running across the middle of the floor to get the m to mount low enough...also, if they are much wider than 22 inches at the base you will have problems using the ebrake. Otherwise they look like they should work well, with some custom brackets of course tongue.gif

Good luck...those are some sweet seats,

Tony
anthony
Go for it. They look awesome. I would just replace the backpad with carpet.
boxstr
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7908096969&rd=1
Here are some seats I found on ebay while searching for Miata stuff. I recently sold the Miata, but before that I tried the seats in the 914. They fit really well and they are not that expensive. Money left over to buy another 914.
CCLINSEATINGFOR TWO
GaroldShaffer
ohmy.gif

Mazda seats in a 914??????

idea.gif

Would there be any mods that need to be done to the mounting hardware?
Dr Evil
Blasphemizer!!!! ohmy.gif

Ok, I'm interested, too <_<
dbelleperc
QUOTE(cha914 @ Jul 14 2004, 06:53 AM)
You will probably need to cut out the cross brace running across the middle of the floor to get the m to mount low enough...also, if they are much wider than 22 inches at the base you will have problems using the ebrake. Otherwise they look like they should work well, with some custom brackets of course tongue.gif

Good luck...those are some sweet seats,

Tony

They are 19" wide at the base.
kevinseven
I've always wanted the GT3 seats but the big hoops at the top and the price have kept me from really chasing them. I've seen some shops sell the Pole Position in black leather. Maybe I'm wrong, but they look very close to the GT3s without the creast and belt hoops.

I'm actually going to try some Honda S2000 seats in my 914. So add me to the list of heretics and blasphemers. I'll post when I get them in.
dbelleperc
I also looked at the Leather pole position but at $1500 each plus the leather is not as good. I figured I save $500 dollars and get some Porsche seats.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.