Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Online Art Gallery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matrixops
Hey everyone, I know I am a junior member, but I thought some of you may be interested in this. My wife is a painter and we just finished her online gallery. If you would like to take a look it can be seen at

AbStractJenns

Please send any comments/questions to her at the link on the contact page

M O
Levi
Yea Ok, I'm a painter too.
Really I am... beerchug.gif
matrixops
Levi,
I guess I am not sure how to interpret your reply. You don't like them? You do like them, but are being sarcastic?

Just curious.

MatrixOps
gregrobbins
Interesting work. On the pieces for sale, it would be nice to post the sizes. Thanks for sharing. clap56.gif
ruddyboys
Hey MatrixOps I took a quick look at Jenns work, I like what I see. Were did see study? I graduated from the School of Visual Arts in NYC with a fine arts degree too many years ago, haven't picked up a brush in years. I am looking forward to checking the rest of her site out. Let her know, way to go.

Pat-
matrixops
Greg, yeah we need to get all of the dimensions posted. The site is still a work in progress, that is the next step. But thanks for the compliments.

Pat, she studied at Fort Hays State University in Kansas. A fairly small rural University with a really good Art department. She had put down the brushes for a 2 years until this spring when I talked her back into painting again. Now, I can't get her to stop...which is nice. I know she loves to paint.

Thanks again for the kind words.

MatrixOps
mike_the_man
I agree that sizes of the work would be good to add. I'm assuming that the cheaper pieces are smaller. I like the paintings, very cool, although I know nothing about art. Any chance of a club discount? biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
i have -got- to raise my prices ...
matrixops
mike, the smaller ones are the cheaper ones. As for the club discount...you would have to ask the artist.... wink.gif

Artechnika, I am not sure about art pricing other than what my wife tells me and what I see in other galleries with similar art. There are some pieces of art that make me wonder how they came up with the price. But I guess it all comes down to how much the buyer thinks the art is worth.

I have looked at some of your work, it is really good. Although I didn't check out the pricing.

MatrixOps
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(matrixops @ Jul 15 2004, 08:51 AM)
I have looked at some of your work, it is really good. Although I didn't check out the pricing.

i long ago removed any reference to pricing, and this is one reason.
another is that i have yet to have the luxury of working 'ahead' on scenes i want to - so far, pretty much everything has commissioned with specifications so it's not like i have an inventory i can just hang price tags on...

but i did notice, back when i was trying to do this for a living, that it's just as easy to not sell a $1000 painting as a $100 one, but i can feel better about myself at the higher prices :-) ...

slowly but surely the studio is going back together from the move east, and somehow i will start being productive again ...

the whole 'value of art' thing is a difficult one. i have yet to find anything like the magic formula...
matrixops
Well, when I finally get a 914 in the stable, I will have to commission a painting from you.

This is my wife's first serious attempt at selling any of her art. We have probably 25 finished paintings at our house, with 2 - 3 in progress. Then we have many more at her parent's house collecting dust.

We don't plan on having her art support us financially, but if it covers her costs for time and materials, that would be great. Don't get me wrong, if she wants to support my aircooled habbit that would be even better. biggrin.gif

I think the toughest part for her has been acceptance of her work. Here in Kansas, the emphasis is mostly on folk art or grassroots art. We are currently cultivating contacts in Colorado and Kansas City for exhibitions.

MatrixOps
djm914-6
One of the (many) local Starbucks Coffee shops near me has several contemporary abstract art pieces on their walls. All of have a business car and price on the frame.

The moral of this abreviated story, don't look only to art galleries to sell artwork. Maybe a local coffee shop, upscale car dealer, library, or book store would be willing to "show" some pieces.

On a similar note: I didn't know ArtechnikA was associated with the ECR until a was contacted to quote some prices. I've always hated putting a dollar figure on something I paint. Maybe I'm my own worse critic.

Best of luck to your wife, matrixops.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 15 2004, 09:56 AM)
...I didn't know ArtechnikA was associated with the ECR until a was contacted to quote some prices.

yeah - i kinda committed to a doorprize painting - if you wanted to kick in something that'd be cool too. i'm trying to figure out how i'm going to get everything (anything ?) done in time ...
morph
There are a few local trendy coffee shops here that display art featuring diffrent artists every so often, I have had a co-worker do this and I guess its great exposure and she sold quite a few paintings this way. I have had a few artwork buys myself in one of the coffee shops. Her artwork is great, I like it!

HIEDI
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.