Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 15.5K 76 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
It's nice MDB2.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...9&category=6430
Brad Roberts
Hey hey.. its back.

Strat.. I dont need to "browse" Ebay when your around.

B
StratPlayer
Kewl,,, keeping ya up2date Brad LOL
ö¿ö
seanery
I like the interior, but those pictures SUUUUCCKKK!!
tod914
claims he has a "brand new crated engine" - are there any of those still left on the shelves? Be real curious as to what is on them and the price.
Brad Roberts
Tod,

There is a crate 2.0 on Ebay..Korijo just posted it.

They guy wants 2k for it.

B
tod914
ok thanks Brad.

What about NOS engines? Are they available anymore? That 1 was remanufactured
Brad Roberts
Actually.. I dont think that one is a rebuild. Porsche replacement engines back then didnt have numbers. If the dealer had rebuilt a engine (highly unlikey..they dont do it today and as far as I know didnt do it back then) they would have used your core engine for the rebuild which would have had numbers on it.

Just looking at it... I would say its a genuine new engine.

B
silver six
It's a beautiful red. But Rennaissance Red is a Toyota color. The code is 3L2. I should know. I painted my Westfailia that color. Turned out nicely.

Not Necessarily a Purist,

Douglas
JeffBowlsby
I would be doubtful of any engine, especially a virgin one, thats been on the shelves for 20, 25 or 30 years. Gaskets go bad, internal corrosion, prelube must be chevied (like a rock) by now...and did any critters make it inside through the intakes (they don't look sealed in the pics)? etc.

It has the +++ that it has new castings not subject to previous metal fatigue or stress, but I would be nervous about it, especially at start-up. I would probably tear it down just to be sure...but thats me.

Even as a Box O Parts, (new parts) it may be a good deal...the cost of a new crank, rods, heads, case, they all add up...MMMMM cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.