Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: proposed Socal Gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
hey guys,

anyone want to meet up for the pomona swapmeet this sunday july 18th?
breakfast or lunch?

West Coasts Largest....pomona swap meet

holla back yo biggrin.gif

9:14 AM at the denny's listed below
skline
Yo!!! I will be there aroud 4:30 AM so's I dont have to wait in too long of a line. Besides, Its going to be a hot one and I like to get out of there by around 9 or so and head home. Hopefully I can get me some stuff for my car. It was easier before when I only had to look through the VW Porsche stuff, now I have to look through all the Chevy stuff too.
bondo
I can't make it.. but I've never been there. Is it worth going to for buying 914 stuff? Is it a good place to sell 914 stuff? (for reference I've been to WCC04, dunkels, german autofest, and D&G, so comparisons to those would be speaking my language)
skline
Well, its about twice as large as any of those events you listed, or more, and it has a car show, swap meet for not just Porsche parts, but every car part you could want from the very early stuff to late model stuff. The object is to find the part you need, before someone else does and the sun starts baking you in to a cooked duck. The winter ones are better if you want to spent some time, thats if its not raining. It is in Pomona so it will get warm there by around 10 or so. To me, its the perfect place to find parts for my car since it covers the V8 parts and the Porsche parts. I will be there on the hunt. gunner.gif
opera guy
i'd be interested in going, gotta be outta there by 10am to beat the heat tho
Kargeek
Well, I may be able to go...I'll check to see what's on the family callender and confirm by friday. Dave H.
skline
QUOTE(opera guy @ Jul 14 2004, 05:29 PM)

Why? To run home to Upland? Its just as hot up there. Why dont you all get done there and leave by ten, then come down to my house by the coastline where its much cooler and help me with my car? biggrin.gif
opera guy
QUOTE(skline @ Jul 14 2004, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE(opera guy @ Jul 14 2004, 05:29 PM)

Why? To run home to Upland? Its just as hot up there. Why dont you all get done there and leave by ten, then come down to my house by the coastline where its much cooler and help me with my car? biggrin.gif

got a church gig starts at 10:30am
DrifterJay
maybe wink.gif
SLITS
The best parts are gone by daylight - so take a flashlight biggrin.gif AND money!
Aaron Cox
would you guys attend a breakfast at lets say...9:14 AM? (swap and shop till 9, and boogie on over to eat?)
skline
Sounds good to me, it all depends on if I have any money left. I go to Pomona looking for parts and usually spend it all. This month I am a little short due to clients not paying as quickly as they should. Hopefull some will pay before then. We will have to see when the time comes.
Aaron Cox
BUMP or a nail please admin

oh. is there an ihop around?
lagunero
Love to make, but I have to work on Sunday. How about 7ish? There's a Denny's right off the fairgrounds exit.
campbellcj
This weekend is no good for me, but I would like to do Pomona sometime soon as it's been several years since my last trek out there.

Can anybody say if there are still decent assortments of Fuchs and other 911-ish stuff? I am looking for a set of 15x7 race wheels and the usual sources are either dry or way $pendy.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jul 15 2004, 08:32 PM)
This weekend is no good for me, but I would like to do Pomona sometime soon as it's been several years since my last trek out there.

Can anybody say if there are still decent assortments of Fuchs and other 911-ish stuff? I am looking for a set of 15x7 race wheels and the usual sources are either dry or way $pendy.

bought my 5 lug replica fuchs there.. was an assortment last time out biggrin.gif
campbellcj
Thanks Aaron! I am specifically looking for factory 15x7 Fuchs, straight and unmolested but cosmetics aren't super important. It sounds like Pomona is still a viable source...I have gotten some screamin' deals there over the years (first trip was 15 or so years ago).
SLITS
Most restaurants will be away from the fairgrounds. You should find a good assortment on Mountain & I-10 as I remember - east of the Dudley Ave Fairgounds exit on I-10.

Talked to Glenn Sager today. He's not going, nor is Lisa Evaul since Chip's death. Pelican has pulled out. There should be some of the other regulars, but it's probably going to be

DAMN HOT

by 10 or 11 AM (if not sooner).
Aaron Cox
hows this: just down the hill from the fair grounds, off the 10. prolly 5 minutes away.

denny's
385 S. MOUNTAIN AVE.
UPLAND, CA 91786
909-985-7671
Aaron Cox
closer
lagunero
There's also a Denny's off of Dudley exit, one exit east of Fairplex exit on I-10. right underneath the Pomona Mining Co. rest.
Aaron Cox
bump

who's in?
opera guy
im in if the breakkie starts before 9:30. i can hang around til 9:45
Mike D.
QUOTE(lagunero @ Jul 16 2004, 02:20 PM)
Denny's off of Dudley exit, one exit east of Fairplex exit on I-10. right underneath the Pomona Mining Co. rest.

My buddies and I always go to this one after running the parts isles and looking at the cars. It is going t be a hot one tomorrow and one of my friends is "Sun Challenged" huh.gif (albino) so we'll prolly be hitting the Denny's around 9:30 or 9:45 time too...

-Mike D.
opera guy
i thought we were meeting at the denny's on Mnt and 10fwy
Aaron Cox
plan on the mountain and I 10 one please smile.gif
lagunero
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jul 17 2004, 04:03 PM)
plan on the mountain and I 10 one please smile.gif

Yes Denny's Mountain & I-10. Sorry Aaron I didn't mean to confuse anyone. When I added that post I was trying to clarify my previous one. So what time is the gathering after all? Is it still 9:30am?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.