Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Heat Exchanger pieces
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
lrm914
Hello guys, I am a long time reader, first time poster.

The parts I need involve a 75-76 2.0L 914 exhaust system.
You guys know these cars alot better than I, so here comes some newbie terminology.
As I understand it, these years, the heat exchangers were different from prior years.
On the front of the75-76 heat exchangers there are ducts that can be removed with alittle effort (they are not welded on just slipped into the front of the main SS HE) they fit around the pipe like a clam shell. They look like a letter L or J. The piece has a rectangulr opening that accepts another part. The passenger side part# is 039256092A and is stamped on this J shaped duct. But this may be the # for the whole passenger side HE, don't need that, just the end piece, and for the driver side which may have a different # altogether.
Attached to this piece is a heat riser tube (sometimes called a J tube?). It is a tube that has a recatangular end (that fits into the duct I need), and a round end that extends towards the opening in the engin tin where it is met by a heater hose. The tube also has a tab on it that has a threaded nut that is fixed to the tab. The number is hard to read because the tab is in the way but it's something like XX9256332 (the XX I can not decifer)., But again, this is the passenger side#, I need the driver side so the part # may differ. Basically the P/S and D/S tubes and ducts are mirror images.
I need the driver side pieces.
Anybody have these parts laying around?
Thanks for reading!
bdstone914
I know the parts you need.
I think I saved a set.
Will try to look soon.
Bruce
lrm914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 6 2011, 09:32 PM) *

I know the parts you need.
I think I saved a set.
Will try to look soon.
Bruce

Thank you!
AZ914
I think I have those too, if it doesn't pan out with Bruce.
lrm914
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 7 2011, 03:40 PM) *

I think I have those too, if it doesn't pan out with Bruce.

Thanks!

AZ914
This stuff? Regarding my 75-76 stash, I also have the warm air covers and a muffler hanger if needed.
jcb29
I have the complete set of heat exchangers, J-tubes, & muffler bracket from my '75 2.0 (I converted to SSIs). Pictures if you need them, let me know. Make me an offer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.