want to use a SUBARU 6 speed in your 914 subie conversion?
locking a six speed sti trans into fwd will allow it to be used in mid engine config.
the porsche transaxle is weak and prone to injury smile.gif
the subaru 6speed is bulletproof! perfect for racing or just never having to change your trans because it broke again.

here is the solution!

subaru 6mt locking spools!
non-permanent can easily put back to stock or even change drive configuration to differing configurations

can change/lock the six speed transmission to;
front wheel drive OR
rear wheel drive OR.
all wheel (4wheel drive)
can be switched back and forth

i purchased them from a rally racing PRO TEAM

they are bulletproof, quality proven parts!!!

$800 shipped (its a steal!)

hopefully i can clear up some of the questions
there isnt much info avail, i actually had at least 50 people tell me this was impossible and didnt exist, it was only when i started contacting race teams that i was able to locate these.

this is a mechanical locking sleeve set.
they are used by subaru rally racing teams (i bought these from new zealand).
there are only a few racing teams that have these that are willing to sell them, and i may be the only person in the USA with a set.
its not really a retail item because there isnt any money/margin in making them as a result there isnt any retail information, or marketing that i know of.

the spools connect the inner and outer
shafts, if you look at a diagram of the 6mt
it makes sense, there are two rotating shft assemblies
in a subaru awd trans (the 5speed is similar but simpler)

the locking spools for the 6mt operate using the same principles as the spools for the 5speed
they are MUCH harder to make and also drive the ancillary systems on the 6 speed that arent on the 5 speed.

the transmission must be disassembled to install the sleeves or change the configuration.

IPB Image