Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock /6 Oil lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Anyone here run the stock /6 oil lines with a bigger engine (2.7/3.0)? I'm worried that it's a smaller diameter and may starve the engine for oil, and seeing as how I'm running HE's and a JWest linkage kit, the bigger braided lines seem to have clearance issues.

Cap'n Krusty
A somewhat larger displacement doesn't necessarily signify the need for larger oil lines. A high capacity pump might benefit from larger hose/pipe ID, but I'm can't say that for sure. I would think you'd be fine with the stock pipe and hoses.

The Cap'n
mepstein
Capt my capt - what do you think about a stock 6 hard line for the return on a 3.2 vs a larger converted 911 line like what PMS sells.

sorry for the hijack enrique
RiqueMar
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 7 2011, 10:08 AM) *

Capt my capt - what do you think about a stock 6 hard line for the return on a 3.2 vs a larger converted 911 line like what PMS sells.

No, no! It's no hijack at all! I was thinking the same thing when I saw the PMS oil line, but my concern, again, is with the Heat Exchangers.

I know eventually, I will put in a front mounted oil cooler, however for the time being I'll be sticking with stock.
mepstein
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 7 2011, 01:17 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 7 2011, 10:08 AM) *

No, no! It's no hijack at all! I was thinking the same thing when I saw the PMS oil line, but my concern, again, is with the Heat Exchangers.

I know eventually, I will put in a front mounted oil cooler, however for the time being I'll be sticking with stock.

I agree, I want a solution that works with heat exchangers.

I think it's perfectly fine for you to try stock and upgrade if needed. You have your shop and you do the work. Since Scott is doing my car, I'm trying not to have too many do-overs. We've already had a couple earlier in the build - my fault, my money.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.