Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me plead my case!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BraunSC
I found this great looking teener on a national for sale page. One owner, rebuilt engine, supposedly little rust (some repair). Great price - at least what I want to pay. Car is "local" ~ hour's drive, no big deal in my part of the country (anywhere really, but how I define local).

I talked to the owner, who said he's received several calls about it. People in TX, CA, and other places willing to send checks and have a truck there in two days - sight unseen. He told me that he was surprised at the response. He also told me that he was not going to have people bid against each other, he'd sell it at the price he advertised. Since he is the original owner, he has an emotional attachment to the car.

Since I called yesterday, I had a chance to metally prepare my case before he called me back today. I said that a lot of people calling may want to chop it up and stick in a bigger engine (I don't wanna do that). I told him that I have a 911 that I bought from the original owner and have kept basically stock, and plan to. That's my thing. So I worked that angle. However, I also said that I could show up with cash. He said he wasn't going to show it before Friday at the earliest and I asked him to hold onto it until Saturday morning. (He told me he's surprised at the response and doesn't know how to decide).

He said that we'd be in touch. So how could I/should I plead my case for when I talk to him again? This is weird...

Thanks!
Steve
Mueller
send him pictures of your car or drive it down there with you......

leave the sawsall at home smile.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Gint
Show up with money in hand...
Kerrys914
Where in VA is the car? I am not in the market but maybe someone knows him or the car?

Is the car near Richmond?

Cheers
Part Pricer
Print out every picture in the Member's 914 pictures thread. Put them in a book and take it with you. Then, show him what your friends drive.

He won't be able to resist. wink.gif
BraunSC
QUOTE(Va914 @ Jul 14 2004, 08:08 PM)
Where in VA is the car? I am not in the market but maybe someone knows him or the car?

Is the car near Richmond?

Cheers

It's actually in MD, near Annapolis. If any of you guys are trying to buy that car, tell him you changed your mind and he should sell it to me (Steve V!)

Yes, I have considered driving my 911...

Aside from showing up with cash (planned)* what would make you sell it me as opposed to these other guys. Maybe I can make the "personal connection"?

* Ok now you know where it is, what I may be driving and that I'll bring cash, if I see you all ready to jump me...look out!! ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif

beer.gif
Gint
You're already making a personal connection. He said he wouldn't get into bidding wars and would sell for his asking price. If you're the first guy to show up with the asking price in hand, that should be all it takes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.