Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is ther anyway to make these centerlines fit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mxdude914
My friend and i were lookin for something in his garage that we lost and i lifted up a table cloth that was over what i thought was a table and when i saw that the table was actually 4 tires and rims holding up a piece of wood. I said did you know youyour table is actually rims and he said he had no idea and that his mom must have done it. I said these might fit one of the many project cars sitting around my house. He said pull them out and see what kind they are. so i did and i realized they were real centerlines not fakes and that they had a 4-bolt pattern that looked strikingly familiar,so i took them home to see if they fit my 914. it turns out if you centered it on the disc you could almost see four complete bolt holes behind the rim. but not quite. Is there any way i can get them to fit i like the size a little bit better than the 165/15 look thnks
URY914
What size are they?

You're saying the bolt holes don't line up? so the bolt circle is a larger diameter on the wheel than the hub?

Paul
mxdude914
the bolt circle is a little bit smaller than the bolt circle on the hub
nebreitling
QUOTE(mxdude914 @ Jul 14 2004, 07:00 PM)
the bolt circle is a little bit smaller than the bolt circle on the hub

as in the bolt pattern is different (ie not 4x130)?

or as in the lug bolt holes themselves look different (wherein there would seem to be no problem with the correct bolts)
Mueller
forget it, not worth it........it can and has been done (BTDT) and even I switched back to the standard 4x130 bolt-pattern.
SirAndy
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.