Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donut or do not Donut?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
socalstuttgart
Everyone loves donuts.
socalstuttgart
I don't see many 914's doing donuts in my travels. They are great at them. What's the deal?

Hard on tires, trans, engine, true, but no more than any other car right?
poorsche914
It's a 6.
He also has a video of a 911 Turbo burning out as it takes off.

driving.gif
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 8 2011, 08:30 PM) *

It's a 6.
He also has a video of a 911 Turbo burning out as it takes off.

driving.gif

I know it's me cheer.gif

I didn't see anyone else doing this so I did it. In the 70's and 80's the four speed 930 had to do a burn out to get the launch right for good 0-60 times but I couldn't find any video of it... so that's where that came from.

I do a lot of donuts in my 914-6 because that and drifting it are some of the joys of owning one... there are a lot of private roads in LA county that are paved.

SirAndy
QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Sep 8 2011, 08:12 PM) *
What's the deal?

They look much better from the outside! biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Hard on trannies.
BajaXJ92
Looks fun, but if I had a 914 w/ a 3.6 I certainly wouldn't treat it like that, but thats just me. confused24.gif
EdwardBlume
beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
underthetire
i prefer doughnuts.

In fact, what happened to the dough in doughnuts. They are all spelled donuts now. WTF?
Drums66
...Those were'nt done on the inside...LOL
poke.gif shades.gif smoke.gif flag.gif
bs.gif bye1.gif( Shea got the ticket!!)
socalstuttgart
I have fun with my cars... working on them and playing with them. To me that's what their for. Maybe it's in bad taste but hey I worked hard for them and I want to have fun. I don't recomend doing as I do, though. $$$$ out the window fast biggrin.gif
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 8 2011, 11:47 PM) *

QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Sep 8 2011, 08:12 PM) *
What's the deal?

They look much better from the outside! biggrin.gif

agree.gif I really liked my girlfriends reaction but I need to make another outside video before getting new tires. BTW I need new tires so I have to use up these ones first right?
SirAndy
QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Sep 9 2011, 10:42 AM) *
I have fun with my cars...

And you assume we don't because donuts are not on the menu? confused24.gif

Your definition of "fun" is a bit narrow, isn't it?
shades.gif
zymurgist
Makes me wish I had a GoPro at Hershey. Saw a 914 do an unintentional spin right in front of my car.
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 9 2011, 10:46 AM) *

shades.gif

this is you beating me: chair.gif where's the fun in that? biggrin.gif

Here this will cheer you up: outside donuts
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Sep 9 2011, 11:15 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 9 2011, 10:46 AM) *

shades.gif

this is you beating me: chair.gif where's the fun in that? biggrin.gif

I'm just kidding btw sir Andy. Every 914 owner has fun in his or her own way. I'm sure you have more fun than I do on the track. I suck at track events. You're still my hero pray.gif
Steve
I blew a CV doing that back in 81 with a 1971 2.4 four banger. It was fun until the CV blew up.
SirAndy
QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Sep 9 2011, 11:15 AM) *

Won't load at work, this has to wait until tonight. Damn corporate firewalls ... sad.gif
tradisrad
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 9 2011, 05:36 AM) *

Hard on trannies.

Only in San Francisco aaron.gif
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 9 2011, 12:29 PM) *

I blew a CV doing that back in 81 with a 1971 2.4 four banger. It was fun until the CV blew up.

I blew a CV joint in my 930 earlier this year. It was about $250 to fix ... less than some tickets I've received but hurt a bit. I've blown a few axels in the past. Thank god for AAA! I get my money's worth from them for sure.

The Zombie has new CV joints... It'll be interesting to see how long they last with the 3.6 liter. So far everything is holding up surprisingly well.... except for the tires of course. I've only done donuts about 4 times and their getting pretty close to the belts. It's like how many licks does it take to get to the get to the center of a tootsie pop! Not many!

Randal

JV?
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 9 2011, 12:54 PM) *

JV?

Junior varsity?... I never could make the cut. confused24.gif
Chris Pincetich
I take my 914 to PCA AX races for fun driving.gif
Keeping it on the edge of traction is the goal, and if I end up in a 30 foot drift, I pretend it was an accident biggrin.gif
914s are awesome AX cars, try it! beerchug.gif
eric9144
Flaming aside, I WISH my 914 was capable of doing donuts like that!

If I had a 3.6 I'd probably be guilty of doing that at least a couple times....just 'cuz I could! MDB2.gif
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Sep 9 2011, 01:10 PM) *

Flaming aside, I WISH my 914 was capable of doing donuts like that!

If I had a 3.6 I'd probably be guilty of doing that at least a couple times....just 'cuz I could! MDB2.gif

amen brother. I don't have enough restraint not to. beerchug.gif
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Sep 9 2011, 01:10 PM) *

I take my 914 to PCA AX races for fun driving.gif
Keeping it on the edge of traction is the goal, and if I end up in a 30 foot drift, I pretend it was an accident biggrin.gif
914s are awesome AX cars, try it! beerchug.gif

Haha... I actually tried to AutoX this car earlier this year. The guys picking up the cones weren't very happy with me and some of the 914-4's beat my best times!! but it sure was a lot of fun. This car might have to much power for AX but I will be going to Streets of Willow with it next month.
moparrob
Me likee. I just figured out a good use for those 13 year old tires that are on the car I bought. Sure beats just throwing them away...
tradisrad
There is a lawyer show on KGO 810 in the SF area. A fellow is calling in on today’s show and he was arrested for doing donuts. It gets better. A woman saw him doing the donut and followed him to his house. She then went and called the cops and put him under citizen’s arrest.
poorsche914
QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Sep 9 2011, 02:15 PM) *

I do that in Forza on the Xbox biggrin.gif
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(moparrob @ Sep 9 2011, 01:27 PM) *

Me likee. I just figured out a good use for those 13 year old tires that are on the car I bought. Sure beats just throwing them away...

happy11.gif Just be careful ... I don't want anyone blaming me for getting in trouble. But most importantly have fun piratenanner.gif
7TPorsh
hey i think i know where that is...
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Sep 9 2011, 01:31 PM) *

There is a lawyer show on KGO 810 in the SF area. A fellow is calling in on today’s show and he was arrested for doing donuts. It gets better. A woman saw him doing the donut and followed him to his house. She then went and called the cops and put him under citizen’s arrest.

blink.gif OMG where was he doing them down town? I know if you get caught out here doing them on a public street they will arrest you and impound your car. I emphasis the care in careful. It isn't good to do these anywhere that makes people nervous or even see them for that matter.
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 9 2011, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Sep 9 2011, 02:15 PM) *

I do that in Forza on the Xbox biggrin.gif

is that the game that has 914-6's?? I have seen a few youtube vids of 914's in video games. VERY CoOOL! And a lot safer. biggrin.gif
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Sep 9 2011, 01:44 PM) *

hey i think i know where that is...

Really. shades.gif
socalstuttgart
For the record: doing donuts or burnouts or anything else considered illegal, immoral, dangerous, or just plain scary is not advised on public streets, parking lots, areas where there are people, areas that are connected to public streets, or anywhere else that could be considered inappropriate. Getting arrested or hurt does not fun make.
flag.gif
socalstuttgart
This is an example of how not to make donuts.
tradisrad
here is the lawyer's show. The call comes in 18 minutes into the show.
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Sep 9 2011, 03:31 PM) *

here is the lawyer's show. The call comes in 18 minutes into the show.

lol-2.gif OMG that woman must have been really mad... but why would he do it somewhere like that? screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.