Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: -10AN hose in bulk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
yeahmag
I'm looking to relocate my oil cooler to the front of the car, so I need big lengths of -10 AN hose. Let me know what you have...

-Aaron
markb
Have you called us to see what our suppliers can do?
yeahmag
No... Didn't want to bother vendors as typically that stuff is really expensive and I'm looking for a cut rate deal.
markb
Better to find out what kind of deal we can give you, so you have a frame of reference, right?
bdstone914
Contact a hydraulic supply that sells hoses and fittings. Check with GPR too.
You can also use A/C pressure hose. What engine are you running and how far is the hose run? You may not need -10 hose. -8 is satisfactory for many applications.
You only need a medium duty hose that has a minimum of 150 PSI rating. How much hose do you need? Also price the fittings as they too are costly. The swedged on ferell fitting are less costly. Stay away from the external SS hose. It is more for looks. The wire braid does more good inside of the hose.
Give me a call at 951 536 7478. I worked for an oil cooler company for 27 years and picked up a little knowledge when I was there about plumbing oil coolers.

Bruce
yeahmag
Bruce,

I'll give you a call a bit later... I have a buddy that can build hydraulic hose, my problem is with the fittings. They neck down from the nice 5/8" to probably 3/8". I'll also shoot some pic's of the fittings.

I'm no fan of the SS line either, but it's accepted in PCA/POC and the fittings are easy to come by. I got this cool Modine NASCAR oil cooler I'm going to try to run from the oil filter up to the front bumper, so it's probably going to be about 20' of line in total. The thing is THICK!

I've all ready added the Weltmeister oil pressure increasing plungers and am running a Raby Type I pump. This should support what I'm trying to accomplish...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.