Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOS front bumper. Never seen one! 914 Unicorn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
THE STIG
I recently was able to purchase this bumper, for a resonable amount of money. I was in shock, as I was supposed to look at a bunch of used front bumpers a guy had for sale. I am 100% sure they had no idea that this was among their stash. Its headed up to Walkers Custom Chrome next week, but just so that others may see, here it is. It still has factory ID stickers in place. I don't want to gloat, just share. It is so rare.

THE STIG
Krieger
Very nice! Congrats on the find.
THE STIG
Thanks. I am still in disbelief when I look at it. I found a new front lid the same way a few years back. Guy had no idea. The stickers were missing, but the glue residue wasn't! It was full primered just like this bumper. Thats what drew my attention right away when I saw this bumper. Same exact type of red oxide primer.
Gustl
cool find !!

a friend found an early version NOS rear bumper a couple of years ago
SirAndy
QUOTE(THE STIG @ Sep 9 2011, 07:18 PM) *
Same exact type of red oxide primer.

Yepp, that's the factory primer. I always get excited when i see parts in that color. biggrin.gif

Just last weekend a looked at a factory /6 that had a complete rear clip welded on that started out in that color. Factory original replacement.
I had seen a factory front-clip before, but never a rear.

Someone posted a few pics a year or two ago showing a 914 that was restored by Porsche at the factory. The pics showed all sorts of panels in the same primer color that have been NLA for us common folks for the last 20 years.

driving.gif
draganc
"Made in Western Germany"...love it!!
Rod
I wouldn't get it chromed, i'd make up a couple of hooks and hang it on the wall like modern art biggrin.gif
bdstone914
Nice find! I have one of those for sale. Guess I should post it in the classifieds. PM me if you want first dibs. Painted early front bumber, NOS.
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(Rod @ Sep 11 2011, 06:52 AM) *

I wouldn't get it chromed, i'd make up a couple of hooks and hang it on the wall like modern art biggrin.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
THE STIG
Gentleman, its getting chromed. It will be art when its on my 914. That is why I took a photo!
veltror
I found a new front panel in the same primer...my rear wing was in electro plated black
IronHillRestorations
I've got a NOS rear one to go with it
bdstone914
I just put my NOS front on ebay. Im really not trying to spam this thread but if you are interested in a piece of Porsche art you can bid. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=140605397155
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.