Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats New at Tangerine Racing Products
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
ChrisFoley
Link to my Whats New Page

My most recent additions are:
1) Sideshift Linkage Kit - replaces the stock shift rod under the engine.
No welding required. Kits are available for -4 and -6 cars.
Also available for V8 and 915 conversions.
Price is $489.95.

2) Firewall Spherical Bearing for the shift rod coming through the tunnel.
This is about as easy to install as a replacement stock bushing.
For sideshift cars and tailshift cars converted to sideshift.
Price is $59.95.

3) 914-4 Cable Linkage for Dual Carbs.
Universal kit fits a variety of setups including ITBs.
Retains the stock throttle cable.
Price is $329.95.

Prices include shipping/handling.
When multiple items are ordered I generally recalculate the shipping and refund a portion of your payment.
Order direct on my website using Paypal or call my office to place a credit card order. 860-643-1550

Edited 05/18/17 to update prices.
ChrisFoley
*** A Tangerine Racing Exclusive ***
D-Jetronic MPS Repair Kits

Repair Kit includes a brand new beryllium copper diaphragm assembly, paper gasket, and two o-rings.
A Tuning Kit is available which includes a special hollow 7mm hex tool, small flat blade screwdriver, and a new Full Throttle Stop Screw, redesigned for easier adjustments.

Prices:
Repair Kit - $127.95 (regular price starting 12/01/12 - $139.95)
Tuning Kit - $46.95 (regular price - $46.95)
Both together - $166.95 (regular price - $178.95)
Units are scheduled to start shipping in late September.

Order with Paypal from our Whats New Page.
See my signature.

Edit 09/02/12: Updated prices.
ThePaintedMan
This stuff is truly a marvel of engineering and eye candy. As life progresses and cash flow increases (with a steady job) I'll be a customer in the future for sure.
ChrisFoley
I recently updated the Tangerine Racing Products home (index) page.
It now has links to all the main Products and Services pages.

Check it out!

Stay tuned for a completely revised website.
ChrisFoley
914 Grill Spatulas are here!
Made of waterjet cut, 16ga Polished T304 Stainless.
$84.95, includes US shipping.
Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
New breather can with a single large inlet for engines with no head vents.
Same internal design as the 3 port unit with swirl separation, a foam insert to improve oil droplet removal from the vapor, and an auto drain-back hose on the bottom.
This is the prototype installation.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
aircooledtechguy
Just wanted to thank Chris for the MPS kit I received today. Something so simple can make such a HUGE difference to my client's car. beerchug.gif driving.gif

If you're on the fence about ordering one of his MPS kits; get off the fence and man-up. You'll be glad you did.
cary
Chris, any progress on the center dual pipe muffler? aka, Boxster looking one?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(cary @ Jan 31 2014, 10:47 PM) *

Nothing to report yet.
This winter has really slowed some of my R&D.
Chris,
Any updates on the master cylinder " brace " for those of us that have the updated aluminum cross bar?
Thanks
ChrisFoley
I found the pics I took of the one we made a few years ago.
Somehow they had been stored in the wrong folder. rolleyes.gif

Unfurtunately, we didn't take measurements, and I haven't seen that car at my shop for some time.
I'll need another one on the lift to do it again and make a reproducible component.
Click to view attachment
I think that's a 23mm master in the pic.
Great. I'm sure there's a few that will need one. I will need one for a 23 master too. Thanks
ChrisFoley
Our newest product is for the Type 4 engine oil system.
This pressure relief valve replaces the factory piston and spring located in the bottom of the crankcase near the oil filter.
It eliminates the oil cooler bypass portion of the stock oil circuit and raises the peak operating pressure to 70psi.
Peak pressure can be raised or lowered by installing a different length piston.
The aluminum bore for the pressure relief assembly is well worn after 40 years of operation and often bypasses a significant amount of oil, lowering available pressure to the bearings.

Our assembly has a steel sleeve with close tolerance stainless steel piston for many years of troublefree performance.
It will cure many high oil temp/low oil pressure issues and is essential for modified engines with external oil coolers - to achieve optimal oil temperature control.
A perfect complement to our remote oil cooler kits which are designed to eliminate the stock cooler from the engine.

Click to view attachment

Use the link below to add the pressure relief to your shopping cart.
Tangerine Racing Oil Pressure Relief Shopping Cart Button
Price: $79.95, shipping included.
Feel free to continue shopping on our website:
Tangerine Racing Products

Edit 05/18/17: price updated
ChrisFoley
Stainless Steel Pushrod Tubes
Price: $299.95/set of 8. Includes: 8 Tubes, 18 Viton O-rings, 8 Spacers

Tired of dealing with oil leaks, or having to decide which sealant will actually work this time? unsure.gif
O-rings are supposed to work without a need for additional sealants.

Our pushrod tubes are fabricated to precise tolerances.
The o-ring grooves provide proper support and compression to function as designed without needing messy sealants.

Made from T304 Stainless Steel, they will outlast the life of your engine.
We use two sizes of tubing to provide added clearance to exhaust pipes, while retaining good oil drainage back to the sump.

The o-rings fit tightly enough that the tubes can't be installed/removed by hand without added leverage.
A simple installation procedure is outlined in the instructions and
a heavy ring is welded on the tubes to aid in removal.

We make the tubes in stock and custom lengths - shorter for high compression engines and longer for stroker engines.
Wave washer spacers (3mm) are included for the crankcase end, to be used when the length of tubes purchased ends up a little too short for the specific application.

Click to view attachment

Order on my website - What's New page or Engine page.
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 5 2014, 01:46 PM) *

I found the pics I took of the one we made a few years ago.
Somehow they had been stored in the wrong folder. rolleyes.gif

Unfurtunately, we didn't take measurements, and I haven't seen that car at my shop for some time.
I'll need another one on the lift to do it again and make a reproducible component.
Click to view attachment
I think that's a 23mm master in the pic.

Anyway to contact the owner for a " look see " for measurements. This way you will have another new product to sell to everyone that's needs any upgrade.
piratenanner.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 12 2014, 07:14 AM) *

Stainless Steel Pushrod Tubes
Introductory price: $259.95/set of 8. Includes: 8 Tubes, 18 Viton O-rings, 8 Spacers

Tired of dealing with oil leaks, or having to decide which sealant will actually work this time? unsure.gif
O-rings are supposed to work without a need for additional sealants.

Our pushrod tubes are fabricated to precise tolerances.
The o-ring grooves provide proper support and compression to function as designed without needing messy sealants.

Made from T304 Stainless Steel, they will outlast the life of your engine.
We use two sizes of tubing to provide added clearance to exhaust pipes, while retaining good oil drainage back to the sump.

The o-rings fit tightly enough that the tubes can't be installed/removed by hand without added leverage.
A simple installation procedure is outlined in the instructions and
a heavy ring is welded on the tubes to aid in removal.

We make the tubes in stock and custom lengths - shorter for high compression engines and longer for stroker engines.
Wave washer spacers (3mm) are included for the crankcase end, to be used when the length of tubes purchased ends up a little too short for the specific application.

Click to view attachment

Until I have them on my website use this method to order:
Send Paypal to sales@tangerineracing.com along with a note specifying length: -4mm, -2mm, Stock (208.5mm), +2mm, +4mm, other custom length.

These will go on my engine next time I drop it!
ChrisFoley
More new products available now:
Precision Shift Adjuster - $199.95
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Hand Throttle Kit, works just like the factory six hand throttle but mounts differently on the tunnel.
Perfect for use with Rennshift and with factory center console - $139.95
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Remote Oil Cooler Kits - Basic thermostat take-off for use with your existing cooler, Rear mounted kit with or without thermostatically controlled fan, and front mounted cooler kit.
Basic Kit:
Click to view attachment

Rear Mounted Kit:
Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(cary @ Jan 31 2014, 10:47 PM) *

We're assembling 5 of the revised Tangerine EVO IV Silencers right now.
They're available with Twin Center Tips or a single tip at either corner of the valence.
The single tip silencers are quiet, the twin tip is not.
Both have a nice tone, not too deep and not tinny.

Solidworks:
Click to view attachment

This is the prototype on my car:
Click to view attachment

Price is $895 plus shipping.
ChrisFoley
I just updated my website to include mobile device compatibility.
Now you can browse/shop from your smartphone or iPad.
I've also added a full product listing page with links to each product detail page.
mepstein
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Nov 7 2015, 09:13 AM) *

I just updated my website to include mobile device compatibility.
Now you can browse/shop from your smartphone or iPad.
I've also added a full product listing page with links to each product detail page.

I was using my iPhone last week and the site gave me trouble. Just tried it again today and it works great.

Thanks for supporting the 914!!!
ChrisFoley
We're at it again!
The newest product is a Fuel Pump Mount for updating early cars with the later style Bosch 2 port pump.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
(prototype shown)

This can be welded or riveted to the firewall.
I haven't tried yet, but I expect it to work just as well when relocating the pump to the front.

Price including delivery: $89.95
rhodyguy
Clever.
ChrisFoley
I did a trial fitment up front, below the steering rack.

Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
I've made a few updates to my website.
Tangerine Racing Home Page
ChrisFoley
As always, I have solid pivot shafts in stock, CNC machined from hardened steel to be much stronger than oem.
The only original feature missing is the splines to prevent twisting in the body.
I will be adding the option of shafts with the end splines soon, having done it already for one customer who was using replacement rubber bushings in his trailing arm restoration.

Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 23 2014, 07:44 AM) *

A perfect complement to our remote oil cooler kits which are designed to eliminate the stock cooler from the engine.

I'm intrigued by this. What is the main motivation to eliminate the stock cooler? Reduced load on the oil pump, or another place not to leak?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(98101 @ Feb 8 2018, 03:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 23 2014, 07:44 AM) *

I'm intrigued by this. What is the main motivation to eliminate the stock cooler? Reduced load on the oil pump, or another place not to leak?

Two reasons to eliminate the stock cooler in my opinion.
1) Inefficiency of the stock cooling system - doesn't remove enough heat from the oil and the crankcase in that location.
2) stock cooler reduces available cooling air for heads/cylinders

Load on the pump isn't affected, and there are more possible leak paths with a remote cooler.

The factory oil cooling circuitry followed a simple principle of increasing oil flow thru the cooler when the oil got thin enough from heat to lower oil pressure.
Modern oils don't follow a straight line viscosity curve so the stock circuitry doesn't perform as it should with today's multi viscosity oils.
A stock 2 liter engine maxes out the stock oil cooling system.
914work
Chris perhaps I missed it but is it possible to order the two short SS lines in the eng. bay by themselves?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(914werke @ Apr 8 2018, 12:41 AM) *

Chris perhaps I missed it but is it possible to order the two short SS lines in the eng. bay by themselves?

Second section down on the left is for engine compartment lines.
Tangerine Racing Fuel System Webpage
I need to revise the Paypal button to include a 914-6 engine comp line which is somewhat different from the -4 lines.
914werke
Chris I looked for a listing of the MPS kit but perhaps I missed it.
re: that product, do you offer spare full load stop adjustment screws?
@chrisfoley

Edit: Nevermind ~ rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.