Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Buckets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
70_914
I am taking my "new" car apart for paint, and cannot find any reference pictures of what the buckets are supposed to look like. I have a set of nice chrome early headlight retaining rings, and the buckets that those screw to are a nice grey color, but the hinge portion on all my parts cars has been spray painted. Somebody has to have pictures of what the headlight area looks like without the covers and bezels mounted...
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(70_914 @ Sep 10 2011, 01:54 PM) *

I am taking my "new" car apart for paint, and cannot find any reference pictures of what the buckets are supposed to look like. I have a set of nice chrome early headlight retaining rings, and the buckets that those screw to are a nice grey color, but the hinge portion on all my parts cars has been spray painted. Somebody has to have pictures of what the headlight area looks like without the covers and bezels mounted...

Kevin,

Is this the area that you are trying to research? This is a pic of my '70/4 at the start of its' refurbishment in 2006. As the photo shows, the headlight bucket area is painted body color, although at this point in its life, my 914 was starting to succumb to rust and was quite dirty in the out-of-the-way places.

Paul
1970 Neun vierzehn
Kevin,

When your 1970 is finished, the headlights should look like............
70_914
I am more interested in what the proper finish is on all the working parts of the headlight mechanism. I know that it is not visible once the headlight door covers and bezels are on, but I don't want to just hose everything down with black rattle can paint.
70_914
Nobody has any reference pictures of what the inner workings of the headlights look like??

dlestep
...look through this...I will find some other reference photos
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=98516
70_914
Thanks! Wasn't really expecting everything to just be grey colored.
dlestep
here is another ref
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.