Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John Kelly
I searched but did not find the answer to this...

Where does the gas hose in the engine compartment connect to the steel tubing inside the tunnel? I have the front inspection plate off...steel tubing. Rear inspection plate off...hose? I would have expected steel tubing going all the way through the tunnel front to back with hose at either end.

Next, is the return line the plastic tubing?

This is a '76 that was running carbs. I'm going to fuel injection.

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com
crash914
Ha!! I just pulled mine out last night...

I scratched my head for a few minutes as I noticed steel rather than plastic in the front.

The metal is about 18" long, with a hose barb on the end. The plastic lines just push over the hose barb..no clamps or anything else.

Pull out from the front...the metal won't make it through the hold downs inside the tunnel....

Stick a wire into the plastic first, push until it exits the front. Then you can fish the new pipe through. I did not do this and so the metal pipe did not go through all the hold downs.....

I will try to get some pictures tonight when I get home.
John Kelly
Hi Herb,

Thanks for that. Is it the same for the supply line?

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
crash914
yes, I should have pictures in a couple of hours or so....

The small line is about 5/16" the supply 3/8"
Dave_Darling
Check in the Tech Articles section of the Bird site. There's a "tour of the center tunnel" which will show you the fuel lines. And the rest of the stuff in there.

--DD
crash914
bad picture, but you get the idea
crash914
nother
newdeal2
What size fuel line should I order for the injectors and the lines in the engine bay? Does Pelican sell the right hose and clamps?
John Kelly
Thanks for the pictures Herb!

Thanks Dave for the tunnel innards tech article!

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.