Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dark REAL Perlon for the DARK KNIGHT?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
Anyone know offhand where to buy yards of it?

I am going to do the backpad area and dash of glued on Perlon on the Dark Knight.

Almost finished enough to get it to a PCA OCR AX.

Hoping Oct, but Nov for sure. Had to fix or finish what THOMAS left behind before his departure for the Fatherland.

The 2.2T motor has rebuilt Zenith's. Almost done with Corbeau seats/belts, new oil cooler from SLITS, 916 front and rear bumpers. Waiting on some 914Rubber stuff, then pretty much ready to drive it around.

WATCH OUT JOE SHARP! Smaller motor, but maybe I can get close to Dan's times?

Just want to Perlon the interior. Black would be best, but I need maybe 6 yards of brand new material.

THANKS!

John

avidfanjpl
badm
APPBIZ on e-bay! bye1.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-Car...d#ht_941wt_1167

Badm.
RON S.

John,

I did my firewall with Perlon a few years back. I bought the bulk material needed from Autos International. They are in your neck of the woods.

They sold me the real deal. German Perlon. IIRC it was about 30.00 a yard, and the rolls were 4' wide.

Anyway, a hundred bucks bought a lot of material.

One recommendation, buy you some DAP contact cement in the quart can, and a handful of 2'' cheap chip brushes. Don't buy the spray on trim adhesive. The stuff won't stay glued over the long haul.

Use masking tape to mark the boundaries of where you want the glue to end. Then mop the glue on both the firewall, and the Perlon. The glue will dry in about half an hour. Then remove the masking tape from the boundary edges.

Have a helper with you, and start laying the Perlon against the firewall from the center hump, and slowly work it down moving outward towards the door area.

The contact cement remains workable for about 1-1/2 hours so you have plenty of time to get it right. You'll like the result.

All told you can do it for less than 200.00

Ron
avidfanjpl
Outstanding info.

Thanks, Badm and Ron!

I will use the DAP and have help, Ron.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.