Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Run a red light/Car crash/pedestrian
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carreraguy
No one killed but fairly spectacular incident. The pedestrian was crossing against the signal when the PT Cruiser decided to run the red light with the pictured result. The pedestrian survived because the caved-in impact zone of the car protected him; needless to say he is still in the hospital.

http://spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=13869
i love porsche
woah!

thats amazing they survived.....thank God for safe cars
scotty
ohmy.gif
GaroldShaffer
ohmy.gif

I don't know if you call that guy lucky or not. I know we all have done it, cross a street against a red light that is. Wonder what the driver of the cruiser was doing that he/she didn't notice the light was red for the past 28 secs?
Bruce Allert
I have gotten into the habit of looking both ways AFTER the light has turned green before crossing the intersection. Sure I get a BEEEEP now & then finger.gif but it's worth it. Hasn't saved me yet but if there ever comes a time.......... beer.gif

..............b
dbelleperc
Here is the story behind the accident.

DAYTON | Doctors revived a man Sunday just hours after medics pronounced him dead on the scene of a car crash, police officials said.

Dayton Police Sgt. Charles Hurley said Scott Tegtmeyer was walking in the intersection of Third Street and Edwin C. Moses Boulevard at 12:40 p.m. when a Chrysler PT Cruiser ran a red light, struck a Subaru sports utility vehicle and sent it into the air.

The Subaru landed upside down on Tegtmeyer and dragged him several feet across the intersection, Hurley said. Tegtmeyer, bloodied and surrounded by shattered glass, was pronounced dead on the scene, but he suddenly started breathing while in transit with paramedics. By 3 p.m., doctors had fully resuscitated him.

On Sunday evening, he was in the Miami Valley Hospital Intensive Care Unit.

Neither of the female drivers of the vehicles involved were carrying passengers. The woman driving the Subaru was transported to Miami Valley Hospital. Information on the condition of the driver of the PT Cruiser was not available. Hurley said police talked to eight witnesses. He also said it is possible a camera mounted high above the intersection captured the crash.

Dayton police reconstructionists, trained at putting clues together after crashes, were on the scene with digital cameras and measuring devices. The flipped Subaru showed noticeable crash damage on the left body panel. Ten yards away, the customized P.T. Cruiser with a "AAA" sticker on the back of its tinted windows showed damage to its front end.
scotty
I have gotten into the habit of looking both ways AFTER the light has turned green before crossing the intersection.
Good practice for Beaverton, Bruce!

--always wait for three to four cars to run the light after yours turns green--
I always feel safer when driving in Boston for some reason... wink.gif
Toast
Yea, after being hit on the passenger side twice and totaling both of my cars, I tend to also wait at intersections before proceeding. headbang.gif
Didnt appear that the Subaru was yeilding to the pedestrian also. idea.gif
jimtab
You know we could solve a lot of this red light, stop sign running if we skull fucked the offender with an appropriate caliber pistol as soon as possible after the violation...this crap is just getting old, we should force people to learn to drive OR never let them near a car again...no ifs, ands or buts. ar15.gif
trojanhorsepower
"Green and yellow
kill a fellow
Better red than dead"

-Andy Roony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.