Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repl Tires/Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970914porsche
205 60/15 is my possible plan to replace the original wheels and very old tires (Circa 1981). No I have not been driving the vehicle! Before I pull the trigger today I would appreciate any words of wisdom from the group. Tires will be mounted on 4 bolt Fuchs and thinking Yokos which I recently installed on another vehicle. I like them a whole bunch. thx all
r_towle
not sure the question.
The shortest fattest tire that fits on fuchs is the 205/50/15
So, 205/60/15 fit easily, they should not rub.

Rich
Dave_Darling
205s will sometimes rub on one rear fender or the other. 914s can differ slightly. Most will in fact rub on the inner front fender (aft of the shock tower) when the steering wheel is at full lock; most of us accept that because if the wheel is at full lock we are usually moving quite slowly.

195s would be a little safer, but if you find a tire that you like that is offered only in 205, go for it. Just realize that you might have to flatten the rear fender lip or pull the fender out a little on one side or the other.

--DD
osvolant
I just put on 195/65-15 Potenza 960's which fit very nicely on 5-1/2 in Fuchses. Tire just clears on my right rear fender lip. Mightn't 205's be a little wide for 5.5 inch rims?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.