Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cable clutch problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sc42766
Hi guy's , i was driving and when i pushed on the clutch pedal , it staid on the floor . i stop and found that the cable attachement near the transmission was not plugged , so i plugged it but it feels like it's not pulling by itself , the cable is loose . any suggestion's ? is the cable 1 piece from the pedal to the transmission or is there a attachement somewhere in the middle ?

tank you for the help

KELTY360
What do you mean by plugged? The cable goes from the pedal to a pulley on the side of the transmission. It goes around the pulley about 270* and then is secured through a chock by a couple of nuts that are used to adjust cable length as needed.
SUNAB914
Something broke. You must investigate further.
GeorgeRud
If both ends of the cable are intact, and the trunion at the release arm is intact, there are not too many other things that won't require a bit of investigation.

With one person in the car working the clutch pedal, you can look under the car to see how the cable is pulling on the release lever. If the cable itself is pulling, the other problem areas can be the outer tube in the center tunnel. The attachment at the firewall can break, and the outer tube inside the tunnel can have a weld break and allow it to move.

If it happened suddenly, I'd suspect the clutch trunion as the first likely culprit (especially if it is the original one). There is an aftermarket one that is made of metal that is much less likely to fail. The little knobs on the trunnions wear out and break on the original design.
Drums66
.....R&R(not rest&relaxation)remove&replace... happy11.gif
poke.gif bye1.gif
ripper911
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Sep 11 2011, 03:39 PM) *

If it happened suddenly, I'd suspect the clutch trunion as the first likely culprit (especially if it is the original one). There is an aftermarket one that is made of metal that is much less likely to fail. The little knobs on the trunnions wear out and break on the original design.

He means the little square thingy with round peices sticking out of the sides that connects the cable to the clutch release arm.

Just in case the word trunion is confusing, I wouldn't know what it meant.
sc42766
Hi everyone , tank you for your awnsers , i pulled on the cable on the at the trany , and i was able to pull out all the cable and at the end , it is a metal wire that is broken , so my clutch cable broke , i will order a knew one and replace it , it seems to have broken + or - in the middle of the car .

tanks again for the help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.