Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sagging rear end
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72914S
Can anyone tell me what weight springs will raise the rear of the car.I`m running bilstiens, I have no idea if the springs are stock or not. the rear is quite stiff but I feel it is to low.
Mueller
you could lower the front a tad smile.gif

and/or

if you have the bilstien shocks, you should be able to relocate the spring perch as long as you still have a groove available. 0 cost for that clap56.gif
Mueller
oh yea, for the most part, ride height has nothing to do with the rate of the springs......factory 914's brought into the US seemed to have the @ss end lower for some wierd regulation some people suspect......a few turns of the adjustment screws up front can bring it back to "normal"

values of 60-100 pounds are what is commonly accepted as the spring rates that came on the 914s from the factory............
72914S
Yes I do need to lower the front . Tommrow I `ll look at the spring perch. I did see a pair of 100 lb springs on e-bay thought they might may it ride a little smoother?
Mueller
the 100's are a good all around rate.....it's not too hard to measure the current springs on your car.........it only takes about 15 minutes to remove them.....

with springs off of the shocks, place objects of a known wieght on top of the spring until it goes down 1"....whatever it takes to make 'em compress 1" is the rate (you could have progressive springs, but they are not too common)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.