Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT cousin needs help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
I met a guy who's restoring a 70 Giha and the shop where he was having the body work done lost his steering wheel. Can anyone suggest a sourse for a new one? He's looking for a wood wheel with horn ring?
Korijo
thesamba not wood
GWN7
Thanks Dave

I sent him the link....he's in Toronto. Used to live here, got transfered and left the car with a local shop. I met him there while trying to get payed for a car I bought and returned. His car was painted a year ago and since then, the parts that were taken off of it were "misplaced".....

anyone else?
SLITS
Talk to one of the guys going to the Pomona Swap Meet this weekend (thread - a SoCal Gathering?). There will be shit piles of VW stuff there (always is). Give SKline a ring - he's a sucker for a project laugh.gif
John Kelly
The link that Dave sent might be a good choice...one thing to watch out for though...I believe the '71 was a one year only item...something to do with the horn wire...it may work anyway. I'm thinking '66 or '67-'70 look the same..mid '60s do not have a half circle horn ring, just a bar. It sounds like the car had an aftermarket wheel..'60- 6/'74 type one and maybe type three will probably fit the steering shaft. This is from my admittedly poor memory.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.