Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting the winter projects list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
I know its July but I am already thinking of winter projects for the teener. Since I have been bitten by the AX bug there are a few small upgrades / changes I would like to make.

My car (1970) already has Koni's, front sway bar (factory), 19mm master cylinder, 2.0L & side shift trans, and 205 50 15 Falkens for AXing plus a set of street tires on the Fuchs.

I want this car to stay the street / AX car that it is so, my "upgrades" are small but I think needed. First I need a seat that will keep my ass from moving when AXing but still good for street driving. Looking at past threads I think the Renegade Hybirds Touring will fit me best (5'7" 210ish) cool_shades.gif

So my short list so far is:

1) New seat (Renegade?)
1a) Attend SCCA driving school
2) Dead pedal (Performance products) http://www.performanceproducts.com/Product...&producttype=20
3) Disconnect Rear sway bar
4) Renn shifter (maybe)
5) Pilot driving lights
6) Camp 914 front turn signal kit

I know, not much of a list but its a start. I could do most of this now but my honey do list is getting out of control so this will have to wait.

Does anyone attending the MWC have Renegade seats in their car that I could see if my bootyshake.gif will fit?

Do stock seat belts work with the Renegade seats or is a 5 point harness better? I might try some DE events next year, so maybe the harness is a good idea?
SirAndy
my winter projects list:

- buy a Original /6 or m471 or GT and throw a 3.6L in it ...

beer3.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.