Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Six carb linkage setups
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hars914
Has anyone come up with a simplified and cheaper way of operating the carb linkage.
I cannot see paying all that money for the trans bracket setup. Plus it seems like there
are to many adjustments that way. Any help would be appreciated.
lapuwali
Modify the throttle arm on the crossbar so the pull is forward rather than aft, then just use a 914 throttle cable. I've never seen this done, but it wouldn't be all that hard to do.
john rogers
On my six conversion we use the four cylinder cable and made a small "L" shaped bracket that bolted to the rear of the block, where the tranny is mated. A hole was drilled for the outer cable to go through and line it up with the throttle arm. The cable pulls the throttle arm to the rear. Good luck
Downunderman
I have a similar aggangement to John, but I had a custom cable made with teflon coated inner cable. I could never get all the bell cranks and levers to work out probably because the po modified it all.
john rogers
Here's a pict of mine. You can see the "L" bracket behind the fuel lines. The small cable is a bicycle inner and outer that goes to the heater lever and acts as a speed increaser when I start the engine of the race car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.