Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More surprises found in my engine!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
I've found a bunch of surprises while tearing down my engine, but none as big as what I found last night. I'm not even sure what prompted me to measure the cylinder diameter, but when I did I got quite a surprise. 96mm P&C's which means I've had a 2.056 motor all this time and never knew it! I feel bad that I've been running in stock engine classes for autocross for all these years - but then again, most of the people running probably don't know for sure the internals of their motors either. Mine was rebuilt over 20 years ago (that's 5 owners ago!).

So this really screws up my rebuilding plans. I had planned to do a stock rebuild using the higher compression euro pistons. I had thought that this rebuild would give me about 10hp over what I had before (5hp for the euro pistons, and another 5hp due to a fresh engine). But now I'm thinking maybe I should build the engine a little more agressively. Continue with 96mm pistons, but go higher on the compression like somewhere around 8.5:1 (my engine had dished pistons and probably a fairly stock compression ratio since I always ran regular gas with no problems). Maybe a little head work to get the engine to breathe a little better...... Hmmm..... Basically build the engine to the limit of what I can run with the stock d-jet F.I.

Decisions, Decisions. Luckily I haven't bought any hard parts yet.....

Demick
Bleyseng
8.5to1 is a good start for the compression ratio. Head work is where the hp is in these motors. I have dyno'd my 2056cc at 95hp which is about 115hp. If you can live with a crummy idle go to a better cam maybe one Jake has.

Geoff
scotty
Very nice caliper you have there... cool.gif
mightyohm
Uh oh, 2056... Britain is going to tackle you for your Autocross trophy now, huh. happy11.gif
Britain Smith
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Jul 16 2004, 07:45 AM)
Uh oh, 2056... Britain is going to tackle you for your Autocross trophy now, huh. happy11.gif

Hmmmm...
joes
I did 2056 w/ Djet web cam #73, kerry hunter and a regular valve job got 100hp on the dyno. Attached is the chart
SLITS
QUOTE(scotty @ Jul 16 2004, 07:40 AM)
Very nice caliper you have there... cool.gif

You can have one too - Just three easy payments of $49.99 - Call today - our operators are standing by. If you call now, you will also receive a free....................., chairfall.gif
newdeal2
I have a webcam 73 grind NEW in the classifieds if anyone wants it. If it doesn't sell soon I am sending it back.

Peter
swood
QUOTE(newdeal2 @ Jul 16 2004, 12:38 PM)
I have a webcam 73 grind NEW in the classifieds if anyone wants it. If it doesn't sell soon I am sending it back.

Peter

Yeah, and if anyone wants a set of Web-Cam performance lifters to go with it I've got a set for 100bucks, never used. I went Ceramic with my #73
. biggrin.gif
mistro
Demick. OT but did you have a write up on a third brake light under the roll bar? I tried to search for it and couldn't find it. Thanks. Rgds, Michael
Demick
Michael

Just click the "Website" link at the bottom of any of my posts. That will take you to my website which has links to all of the different write-ups that I have done.

Demick
mistro
Thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.