Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle valve socket gasket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jarbuthnot
I haven't a clue what it is/does (and don't really want to know), but my mechanic tells me I need one. He's ordered it from AA, who keep promising to send it and haven't yet. If they don't come through by next week, who else would have one? HPH doesn't, although Brad did give Andy (yet another one biggrin.gif ) my mechanic, the part number. I think he's tried PP.

Any ideas?
MarkV
I think the gasket between the throttle body & plenum is NLA. Just have him make one out of gasket paper.

Even if it was still available from AA, I would make one before waiting for them to send one.
Bleyseng
or just goop up the old one as I think the 1.7 ones are NLA.

Geoff
type47
i seem to recall the 1.8 and the 1.7 plenums are similar. could a 1.8 gasket work?
ejm
Post the part number of what you need here...
Someone will have one or a suitable alternative
TimT
Joan yes Id try here before either AA or PP (I wont buy from either).. im sure someone here has one in there extra "pile-o-stuff" dept...

I could check world-pac if I had some more info..... p/n etc.
jarbuthnot
QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 16 2004, 08:57 PM)
Post the part number of what you need here...

The part number is 022 133 073, which he says is a VW part? It's a rubber tapered wide O ring type and funnel shaped.

Appreciate your help.
MarkV
Pelican says NLA. It's a cone shaped rubber gasket unlike the 2.0 paper gasket.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca..._fuelij_pg4.htm
Bleyseng
a trick is to use a 2.0l vanagon TB switching the outside linkage and tapping the screwholes for the TPS. a few more hp due to the larger hole.
I wonder if this TB seal is still available?

Geoff
ejm
I have a few of them in my toolbox at work
Joan, PM me your address and I'll put it in the mail on Monday
jarbuthnot
Ed

That's super smilie_pokal.gif . You guys always come through. Really appreciate it, I just want to get this car on the road.

You have a PM.

Thanks.
Bleyseng
Found one in my pile of parts too if you need it.

Geoff
jarbuthnot
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 17 2004, 08:35 PM)
Found one in my pile of parts too if you need it.

Geoff

Ed is mailing one to Andy (my mechanic). Thanks for the offer. I've got to convince Andy to come to the BBS for the help he needs.

This board is super wub.gif
TimT
Joan, inquiring minds want to know

what is "jarbuthnot"

a definition? a little known Norse god or goddess? that lived before Lief?

or something completely different :>
jarbuthnot
QUOTE(TimT @ Jul 17 2004, 09:57 PM)
what is "jarbuthnot"

Sorry, it's nothing but my name: Joan Arbuthnot and before anyone asks, Arbuthnot is not French, it's an old Gaellic (spelling?) place name, as in Arbuthnott, Scotland, where my ancesters came from in 1774 and dropped the third 't' when they came over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.