Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB tailshift to sideshift conversion parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914crazy22
hey guys,

im new here to the 914 world scene but ive been a 914 fan since i got mine almost 5 years ago.
ive got a 71 914 with the horrid tail shift transmission in it.
im looking to buy all the parts that i will need to convert it to a working side shifter, and any advice or instructions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
thanks agian
Thestigz06
QUOTE(914crazy22 @ Sep 12 2011, 06:22 PM) *

hey guys,

im new here to the 914 world scene but ive been a 914 fan since i got mine almost 5 years ago.
im looking to buy all the parts that i will need to convert it to a working side shifter, and any advice or instructions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.
thanks agian

You will need the shifter, the rod, a 73 and up engine mounting bar, and obviously a sideshift trans.

While youre under there you may wanna replace the shift bushings too! welcome.png
bdstone914
QUOTE(Thestigz06 @ Sep 13 2011, 07:40 PM) *

QUOTE(914crazy22 @ Sep 12 2011, 06:22 PM) *

hey guys,

thanks agian

You will need the shifter, the rod, a 73 and up engine mounting bar, and obviously a sideshift trans.

While youre under there you may wanna replace the shift bushings too! welcome.png

Additionally you need the late engine to motor mount brackets, SS engine mounts, engine bar brackets, shifter, both shift rods, shift coupler, three different shift boots, and a special shift rod bushing that goes into the fire wall.
I have all of it except the mounts and bushing that should be bought new.
PM sent with price.
Bruce
hencar
Welcome to the 914s. I have a the key parts needed to convert a tail shift transmission 914 to a cable shifted 914 but this would not be for the feint of heart and would need an expert to install the incomplete setup. If interested click on the link below:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1182334

Alternatively I have a complete setup for converting a tail shift car to a side shift car but the bushings would all need replacing. If interested click on the link below:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1182343

Thanks for looking.

Henry
porsche1vw
I have shift rods and forks from a late model side shifter transaxle $75 shipped
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.