Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Renegade Hybird seat questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
The AX bug has bitten me bad. I need a seat that will keep my fat bootyshake.gif from moving during AXing but also good for street use.

Looking at past Threads it seems the Renegade Hybird Touring style seat might be the one for me. So who here has any experience with these seats? Do the facorty seat belts work well with these seats? Anyone going to the MWC have them in their 914? I would like to try them before I spend the $$.
lapuwali
I gave a set the tush test at a V8 meet awhile back. I liked them. There appear to be some concerns about their long-term durability, however. Yes, they work with stock seat belts. Renegade also has an alternate bottom cushion that's thinner than the stock one.
boxstr
Jim Chambers has one in his street/ax car. I think he likes it very much. I know that it looks nice and it is not cheap but not to expensive.
CCLINSEATINGFORONE
GaroldShaffer
I know that it looks nice and it is not cheap but not to expensive.

I haven't called yet but I think price is around $300 -$400ish. Saving my pennies, hope to have some sort of seat for next year AX season.
boxstr
They use your seat. So find a box big enough to ship yours to them in sin city. That is expensive enough.
If you haven't yet check there site. www.renegadehybrids.com
CCLINAV8914
GaroldShaffer
Yep I know. I have a extra driver seat that I can send.

You know, since I would have to send it to sin city I think I need to take the seat out to them just to make sure it gets there safely wink.gif
seanery
Ultra Shield's Deluxe Road Racer looks like a good value to me. Get it in all black and it would look pretty nice in the car. It's an aluminum shell with snap-in fabric cushion, like my Kirkey's but much less $$. I believe that the shop you got your helmet from sell these. As you see, there is a size for every one.

IPB Image
GaroldShaffer
idea.gif

You know that you are a bad influence on me wink.gif

Worth checking out. I think I like the looks of the renegades better just because they do look OEM ish
I would have their logo done in black so it doesn't show so much.

pic from their site
LS6/914
I currently have a 914 in the shop that has Renegade seats in it. They have about three years of wear. Only noticeable concern is the drivers outer thigh bolster seems to be loosing its form. Of course we are not exactly gentle with this particular 914 biggrin.gif Talk to Scott at renegade and be sure to confirm a delivery time welder.gif Larry.
Qarl
Onlly thing I don't like is that they WON"T make the seat without the Renegade Hybrids logo on it (or so it was a while back)!!!
lapuwali
Still true on the logo thing. They said they'd do it in black, but they wouldn't do it with no logo at all.
jimtab
I have one that I use driverside only and for autox only (now). I tried to use it as a daly driver seat but it's a pain in the ass to get in and out (of course I'm 57, old and fat) if you're young and dont mind the occasional goose from the Left side bolster then it's great. A good feel, for me at least. Seems to work fine with the stock belts but a 5place would be even better. Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.