Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Answering PMs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
OK, I have an embarrassing question... When I get a PM from someone here should I send a reply from the original message that I got or should I go to the link that it contains and send an answer through a new "PM" or "Email"? Someone clear this up for me please.

Doug C
GaroldShaffer
I always send a reply from the original PM message I received.
seanery
Doug, are you referring to the email notice of the PM?

If so, reply from the link. If not, disregard this message.
DougC
Oops, I got some typing to do then. I replied from the original notice on most of the latest ones I gotten (about items I'm selling)..

Doug C
seanery
there is a new FAQ in the 914Club faq forum regarding replying to PMs.
seanery
PM Faq
SirAndy
QUOTE(DougC @ Jul 16 2004, 12:04 PM)
Oops, I got some typing to do then. I replied from the original notice on most of the latest ones I gotten (about items I'm selling)..

if you're replying to the 914club email you're getting that says that you have a new PM, your reply is going to be lost in space. this is just a notification email for this BBS, NOT a personal email from whoever has send you a PM.

you have to use the link in that email which will open up a browser with the PM in question and you then reply there ...

btw. nice work sean!

later, Andy
DougC
OK, but if it says it's an "email" as opposed to a "PM", then I should reply directly from there right? - because the link is only to the entire forum and not a specific message. Hope I got it right..

Doug C
SirAndy
QUOTE(DougC @ Jul 16 2004, 01:14 PM)
Hope I got it right..

yes!

if someone send you an email through the BBS, you have to reply to that email.

wink.gif Andy
seanery
This is what it looks like if you received an email from the board:
It will say Email in it.
ejm
Nice job on the FAQ's beerchug.gif
but I don't have the option to "CC" a message sad.gif
Do I have to pay more to become a "Gold" member confused24.gif wink.gif
seanery
It may be an admin thing. I'll check.
seanery
Yup,
admins can CC, members can not. sorry. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.