Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The First Reno Porsche Family Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Rumor has it there are more than just Rand and me in town for 914'ers... Let's find out. The first Reno Porsche Family Reunion will be Saturday, October 8th - 9am to Noonish at Starbucks at the corner of Double R Blvd. and South Meadows Parkway...

Reno Teeners sound off! How many of us are there?
ConeDodger
cheer.gif Who's going to be there? You never know!!!
Rand
I know these guys in town, but not sure if they are members here:
John Hanson
Matt Sewell
Aaron Jones

I've seen some other cars in town but haven't met the drivers.

Also see member handles here:
reno rs
Reno914
RenoRoger
reno 914

I know there are more than a couple Tahoe guys too.
Merrill Milner, and a couple other World members.

Maybe a few Sacramento or Bay area guys are up to a nice drive?

It will be interesting to see who we get.
sixerdon
My /6 was sold new in Reno at Bill Stremmel P+A back in May '70. Do you know if that name & business is still around?
If it weren't for the distance, I'd be there.
Have fun.
Don
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 16 2011, 11:04 AM) *

My /6 was sold new in Reno at Bill Stremmel P+A back in May '70. Do you know if that name & business is still around?
Have fun.
Don

Don, there is a Porsche dealer in town but that is not the name. The Audi shop is closed due to the economy.
Fire it up and drive it on out!
sixerdon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 16 2011, 11:31 AM) *

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 16 2011, 11:04 AM) *

Have fun.
Don

Don, there is a Porsche dealer in town but that is not the name. The Audi shop is closed due to the economy.
Fire it up and drive it on out!

Bill Stremmel P+A was located at 1496 South Virginia Ave. Maybe you know the area.
Thanks for the invite, though.
Don
Rand
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 16 2011, 03:34 PM) *

Bill Stremmel P+A was located at 1496 South Virginia Ave. Maybe you know the area.

That's a few blocks from my work. Now at that address is "Norm's Auto," a used car dealer.
sixerdon
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 16 2011, 02:41 PM) *

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 16 2011, 03:34 PM) *

That's a few blocks from my work. Now at that address is "Norm's Auto," a used car dealer.

LOL......very interesting. Thanks.
Don
Lennies914
popcorn[1].gif icon_bump.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

I have found another great place to have this event and that is where it will be located after this first one. Let's get the Reno community together! If you're selling a car, the CEO of the hospital that I work at is a 914 fan and wants to get his second. His first he bought in high school and drove through his senior year and all through college. Put 200K miles on it. He will be dropping by the event.

See you there!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Two weeks and a day until we unveil the hot new Reno Porsche Family Reunion! Who will be at the event? Hard to tell! Hope to see you there!
biosurfer1
I'm going to try and make this...the 914 could use some road
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Sep 23 2011, 07:20 AM) *

I'm going to try and make this...the 914 could use some road

Wow! You rock Brett. It's a great drive! Up the 80 side, back the 50 side! Great roads!
ConeDodger

Less than two weeks till the 914's in Reno come out to play! Who will we see?
Rob
ConeDodger

I'm finding all kinds of 914 guys in Reno! Some of them aren't even on the internet so they didn't know about this site! My kid's school counselor has one. He saw a 914World t-shirt on Nicho and gave him my number. Nicho thought he was in deep doodoo! biggrin.gif

See you at the reunion!
Rand
I saw another one on my drive home from work. Red, 4cyl.
Rand
Go figure, saw another one today on my way to work. Orange with a white patch on front fender.
ConeDodger

Just 5 days and a wake-up till the first Reno Porsche Family Reunion! Let's see all you local driving.gif and driving-girl.gif and all your Porsches!
ConeDodger

Mid 70's and SUNNY is the forecast for Saturday in Reno. Should be a great day to get the gang together for the first time...
ConeDodger

The days are dwindling! Just a couple to go! Will we see you at the Reno Porsche Family Reunion?
ConeDodger

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

When is the First Reno Porsche Family Reunion? Tomorrow! Be there. The passes are open with no chain restrictions for you guys West of Reno. The skies will be sunny for you guys in town. Let's get the gang together! biggrin.gif
biosurfer1
Looks like I'll make it, with my newly installed sway bar too!

Anyone on this side of hill planning on going, I'll be leaving Roseville around 8am if you'd like to caravan. Got an extra seat too if anyone's interested.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Oct 7 2011, 03:12 PM) *

Looks like I'll make it, with my newly installed sway bar too!

Anyone on this side of hill planning on going, I'll be leaving Roseville around 8am if you'd like to caravan. Got an extra seat too if anyone's interested.

Cool! If you haven't mapped it out Brett, I80 to 395 South. Then take the South Meadows Parkway exit and go back under the freeway. About two or three lights ahead is Double R Blvd. Starbucks is in the Southeast corner visible from the intersection.
Rand
See you in the mornin'

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=720+South+Me...=14&vpsrc=6
ConeDodger
IT'S MORNING!!! See you in this. The 914 is in California for an engine change...
ConeDodger
We had a small but quality turnout which is what I expected for the first Reno Porsche Family Reunion... The parking lot was horrible. Starbucks is way too busy but John, Brett, and I had breakfast at Peg's which has been voted best breakfast in Reno for like the last 10 years straight.

Rand, Ray, John, George, Brett, and some anonymous guy with a 911 Turbo came out for this first event. Brett drove all the way over from Roseville California! The next event will be at Dough Boys in Damonte Ranch at the corner of Damonte Ranch and So. Virginia Street by WalMart. Better parking lot and cooler location for the event.
Enjoy the pictures...

Right as we were leaving a bunch of Subie guys showed up. This guy was with them.
ConeDodger
More of us... John's wife's 62 Bug. (really original)
ConeDodger
That's John, Rand, and Rand's Dad Ray in the picture. Ray is an original owner of a '58 Speedster. I guess we know where Rand gets his sports car roots...
ConeDodger
Mine and George's cars...
ConeDodger
That's all folks! See you next month!
Eric_Shea
You're only 8 hours away now!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 8 2011, 05:00 PM) *

You're only 8 hours away now!

Six in my 914 if I want to blow up the new engine!

Actually your name came up today. Rand wanted to know if your GT was roadworthy yet. I told him my recollection was there was going to be multiple engine swapping going on between the 911 and the 914 and that a former 'That Guy' was involved...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.