Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Talked to Charles this week...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
monkeydance.gif

There'd be big nickies captain!

Guess I'll be building a 103 X 78mm monster T4 this winter happy11.gif

So far...

103mm Nickies on the way
ceramic lifters on the way
30mm pump have
2.0 heads have
1.7 rockers and p-adj's have
case, bearings and stuff have

78mm crank need
rods need
cam need
SS valves and stuff need

SDS fuel injection have

I need to start making up my christmas wish list smile.gif

mueba.gif
URY914
What are you going to do for rods?

Scat? Carillo? or...?

Paul
Mark Henry
CB performance rods...I've already talked to Jake (at the June Jitter Bug show in Canada) and most likely I'll get my crank, rods and cam from him.

Seeing Jakes 105mm Nickies sold me on getting my set. A 94mm T1 cylinder fit inside it, all but the top couple of fins.
cool.gif
Jake Raby
SWEET! Just call me up when you get ready to rock!
Mark Henry
Will do bud!
URY914
CB Super Race Rods?

Why those?

Paul
Jake Raby
CB makes all my rods for my engines up to 2316cc... They are close to the rods that they sell, but I use better bolts than they come with.. The CB rods are strong, have correct big end and small end weights and thay also have the smallest caps for better clearancing.

I am also a dealer for Carrillo, and all the "Super Heros" get those as a standard.

The CB rod is good for 220HP and 8,000 RPM out of the box. I have had them fail, but I have also had Carrillo's fail as well... Its usually not a rod related problem that makes a rod fail.

Hell, I have ran stock Type I rods inside TIV engines with 200HP and they worked just fine! The key is a lightweight piston, and wrist pin as well as a correct rod ratio and piston speed. This all can easily be calculated to ensure the rod that you choose will hold the revs you need.
URY914
So you take the Super Race Rods and install different bolts. Do you use ARP bolts?

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.