Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: roller, chassis, or possibly just front clip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
siverson
Hi,

Title says it all... I'm looking for parts to repair the front end damage on my car. I'll buy a whole car, a roller, just the chassis, or just a front clip.

Must have very little to no rust, and no front end accident damage (nothing previously repaired).

Prefer southern California, but will travel for the right car or chassis. Email: steve@914.com.

Thanks for any leads!

-Steve
914werke
does it matter if its an early or late car?
Beach914
Steve, How far back do you need the front clip. I just cut a 73 in half but we removed the windshield frame. I had my guys put it in our dumpster but I could retrieve it. Its not rust free but it looked pretty good and no accidents.

I'll take a closer look at it at lunch if you are interested.

Dave
JRust
I have a 73 that has a nice front end. The hell hole is absolutly horrible but the front clip has no rust issues or accidents. I am not that close though. I would think someone in SoCal will have something for you. Still it's available if need be rolleyes.gif
KaptKaos
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=141423

Will make you a good deal too... Let me know.
siverson
> Steve, How far back do you need the front clip. I just cut a 73 in half but we removed the windshield frame. I had my guys put it in our dumpster but I could retrieve it. Its not rust free but it looked pretty good and no accidents. I'll take a closer look at it at lunch if you are interested.

Hi - yes, I am interested... I just need the whole left front fender and headlight bucket and front bumper area... Hmmm... I think I need a picture to describe this.

-Steve
Beach914
Free is hard to argue with if its what you need. I'm going by my shop in the a.m. to hook up with Tom T and give him some doors. I'll have my guys see if we can get it back out of the dumpster and take some pics.

Dave
siverson
> get it back out of the dumpster and take some pics

Great, thanks, I'd really appreciate the photos!

-Steve
Beach914
QUOTE(siverson @ Sep 17 2011, 12:25 AM) *

> get it back out of the dumpster and take some pics

Great, thanks, I'd really appreciate the photos!

-Steve

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately the top of the drivers fender is flattened on top, as well as the vent/valence in front of the windshield. Front end, drivers wheel well, trunk floor and passenger side fender/well look good.

I didn't have any of my shop guys in today so I couldn't get it out. If you are still interested I can work it on Monday at lunch. You are also more than welcome to come up and see it personally at my shop in Orange during the week.

David

siverson
> Unfortunately the top of the drivers fender is flattened on top

Thanks for the update, but I think I'll keep looking. I do need the whole drivers side fender, and want to try and do as little body work as possible...

Thanks,
Steve
mepstein
QUOTE(siverson @ Sep 17 2011, 07:10 PM) *

> Unfortunately the top of the drivers fender is flattened on top

Thanks for the update, but I think I'll keep looking. I do need the whole drivers side fender, and want to try and do as little body work as possible...

Thanks,
Steve

I would grab the clip if your close. I've seen fenders on craigslist for $50.
jvoncolln
I have a '72 roller with trans, no engine, cracked windshield, all other glass good, 5 lug conversion, cookie cutters.

In Thousand Oaks.

Can send pics.
Drums66
.......have 1 in san diego 76' w/steel wheels ....PM if interested..no engine or tranny
but a lot of good parts also windsheild
siverson
Still looking...
boxstr
If you want take a trip to CAMP 914 I have a 1970 original calif roller. Has a 1.7 motor and side shift trans. Excellent condition, has been stripped of paint, you can see what you are getting. $914.00
Craig at CAMP
BajaXJ92
Steve,

Not sure if this is going to be a public auction or not for my '71, but here it is after I was rear ended about a month ago...

Rust free car with the exception of the drivers and passenger floor pans seperating just inside the seam as well as a few small spots towards the back of the pans near the firewall....if that even matters to you.

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetail...mp;RowNumber=42

I'm certain the frame is tweaked as the doors wouldn't close right after the accident, but it'd probably be a fine roller if you're interested...

Its located in Yorktown, VA.
Beach914
Steve,

Front clip is out of the dumpster. I'll take the camera and send you some pics. Again, if you don't see anything you like then no loss. I had to pull the steering rack out of it. You will probably need to find a fender though.

Whatever you want is free as long as you help cut it the way you want it.

Dave
Ferg
Steve, I can take a look at Carquip here in Boulder, do you need inner fender as well, or just outer?
siverson
Thanks again for the pictures, but I think I'll keep looking for a car that needs less fender work.

> I can take a look at Carquip here in Boulder, do you need inner fender as well, or just outer?

Yes, please do. Both inner and outer. And the front piece... I'll upload a picture...
siverson
The parts I'm looking for:

(or a whole car I can cut this off of)

-Steve
Beach914
No Problem Steve. The floor will get cut out tomorrow for a guy in Laguna Beach then. Then back in the dumpster......
Ferg
I will swing by tonight, they had a nice 74 a while back, it may still be in the yard.

Ferg

Didn't forget about you... called carquip and waiting for reply, did not see the car I was thinking of when I swung by.
siverson
Thanks for the help everyone. I found a clip yesterday in Compton and brought it home. I'll update my re-build thread with photos...

-Steve
Ferg
good news! Carquip had one, but still have not seen it... I'm sure with labor to cut and shipping yours is better biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.