Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Plug wires are best for JOE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
Looking for suggestions. What is the best wire for my application.

1973 2.0 motor built into a 2056 with D-jet.

Looking for performance, not looks.

Comments welcome popcorn[1].gif
JawjaPorsche
Hi Joseph

Consider these wires: http://www.automotion.com/ignition-wires-f...-1955-1976.html

Great performance and looks plus a reasonable price.

Terry

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Sep 15 2011, 01:57 PM) *

Looking for suggestions. What is the best wire for my application.

1973 2.0 motor built into a 2056 with D-jet.

Looking for performance, not looks.

Comments welcome popcorn[1].gif
mikey63
I've got the same set on my 2.0 and am happy with thier performance.
avidfanjpl
Had Bosch, then switched to Beru, which needs to have the threads on the plugs showing, and I like the Beru much better. The Bosch kept coming off the plugs on my 2.0L

The Beru's never move.

And they are plentiful.

John
Cap'n Krusty
I've said this before, and it appears it needs to be said again. There's a good reason VW, BMW, Mercedes Benz, and Porsche don't install Bosch spark plug wires on their new cars. IIRC, they've NEVER done so, at least not in the last 40-50 years. Strike 'em from your list, they're unreliable junk.

The Cap'n
jsayre914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 15 2011, 10:10 PM) *

I've said this before, and it appears it needs to be said again. There's a good reason VW, BMW, Mercedes Benz, and Porsche don't install Bosch spark plug wires on their new cars. IIRC, they've NEVER done so, at least not in the last 40-50 years. Strike 'em from your list, they're unreliable junk.

The Cap'n

thanks for the advise

So, what does the Captain run on his car ?

popcorn[1].gif
Cap'n Krusty
Diesel 2. Oh, you mean the 911? Beru. Prenco on the old Jetta and the Vanagon.

The Cap'n
Randal

The high quality MSD wires have worked great on my race motor.
hot_shoe914
Get a set from Foley. aktion035.gif
TheCabinetmaker
I just installed a set of Beru's last week (which is all I use). They came with 6 gold plated caps to screw on the plugs. The plug end has the standard end to fit any plug with out removeing the cap. Anyone heard of this, or am I just old and out of the loop?
Drums66
......1 word....Magnecor idea.gif
(been so happy with these!) bye1.gif
jsayre914
So, Magnecore won the poll, I now have my set.

So, what coil would be a perfect mate??

popcorn[1].gif

2056 w/ stock D-jet Magnecore Wires and Compufire ignition.

(stock black coil?) is o.k. confused24.gif
ThinAir
So... I've got Magnacor 7mm wires on my 2.0L D-Jet and I had some issues with RF interference related to the MPS because the wires were too close. I've rerouted the wires to relieve that problem, but I've been thinking that perhaps I need some different wires. Magnacor has 7mm, 8mm and 10mm sizes - do the larger sizes make a difference for this kind of thing? Are the other brands in the poll better for RF interference?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.