Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inspector near Daytona, Florida?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moezilla
Wondering if I can hire someone from the board to inspect a car in Florida

Sentimental purchase same color as wife's first car - but probably too expensive since shipping would probably be $1200-$1400

Click to view attachment
steveherman
QUOTE(moezilla @ Sep 15 2011, 04:29 PM) *

Wondering if I can hire someone from the board to inspect a car in Florida

Sentimental purchase same color as wife's first car - but probably too expensive since shipping would probably be $1200-$1400

Click to view attachment

pm sent
Series9
My shop is 15 minutes west of Daytona.

Visit 914rs.com for the address. You may have them bring it to me for an inspection.

steveherman
^^^^^^^^^ joe is closer^^^^^^^^
and an amazing guy and trustworthy and reasonable!!!
hard to find those characteristics in florida!!!!
Madswede
agree.gif Take Joe up on his offer, you won't find anyone as knowledgeable, and so close to Daytona.
bcheney
I MIGHT know this car. If it's the same one....it was owned by a local Porsche enthusiast and car dealer here in Orlando by the name of Nort Northam. He owns the Northam Collection car dealership. It is very orignial...however, it has been colored changed. If you look closely at the pics on the ebay ad you can see this in the engine bay in the battery tray area. Paint was sprayed over top of a lot of hardware in the front trunk...silly how people work sometimes. Anyways...Nort bought it from someone who needed money about two years ago. He took it to one of our lcoal PCA events in Mount Dora the year he bought it. I've posted a pic and you'll see it looked quite different with the old Porsche script, yellow targa bar and empi wheels. Not long after the event someone ran into it (lightly...in one of the rear fenders). Not a big deal at all and one of Nort's good friends who does restoration work took care of it for him. Nort also had the tranny rebuilt before he sold it recently...prolly not more than about 3 months ago. If it's the same car...I would say this is a VERY good example of an original car. The main knock is that it has been color changed. I own a yellow 75 that I'm coverting to a six so I totally understand you excitement to get a nice yellow one! I agree that Joe would be a fantastic guy to PPI the car at his Series 9 shop in Deland. Good luck with the potential purchase smile.gif
yellowporky
isnt the car in the original post a 75-76 and the one with the empi wheels and porsche script a 74? Does not look like the same car to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.