Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb linkage Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
richardL
Several of you gave me advice about my linkage at the WCC autox (that was the first outing for the car). It was loose and not quite right.

I have taken it off and have found the problem - one of the ball joint shafts is sheared and it was only held by a single thread sad.gif

The linkage looks like the CB Performance one, but I'm pretty sure its not theirs. Mainly the ball joints mount onto the hex cross bar and mate into cups mounted on the Air cleaner bases - the CB performance ones work the other way. Also the CBP ball joints have 8mm thread and tha actual ball looks to be 8mm as well - these have 8mm threads but the ball is 12mm.

So does anyone know who makes this linkage, or where I can get new ball joints and new cross bar (the thread is sheared off inside so it cannot be removed)?

Otherwise I guess I need a new linkage (I have seen the pretty Triad one, but its a bit costly).

Thanks,
Richard
richardL
The linkage....
Aaron Cox
i believe that is an old 'redline' kit wink.gif
machina
look in the samba classifieds, they have lots of that style linkage .

dr
bwilless
I have the same setup on my 2.0. I got it from PMO.
Freedom
same as my setup but o bought it used... you can probable just get a new shaft from empi or something. I had to trim the empi shaft i bought for my type 1.
porsche914gt
That's the good one.
Allows you to balance the carbs at all RPM's by sliding the brackets.
rhodyguy
triad's price seems to have spiked a bit. prob due to the pain from the $ to DM (or is it euros now) exchange rate, dave uses german heim joints. so the difference is approximately $170 less what ever you will pay in cal sales tax for the cb. plus, no cable holder for the cb and it's centered with a couple of springs ( less than desireable imho). note that cb offers 2 types for the 914. one with the provision for larger filters, get the correct one for your application. like a rennshift and other high end quality compoments, you get what you pay for. what do you pay for one track tire that might last a couple of seasons? on the fix side, perhaps you can drill the broken bolt and turn it out. btw, $170 is less than i spent for 2 nights at the pruneyard.

kevin
bwilless
Like I said before, try PMO. When I bought my setup they shipped the wrong length cross bar. They had a shorter size in stock and shipped it right out. They should have other parts as well.

They have a site at http://www.pmocarb.com/contacts.htm. The worst thing about PMO is that you have to fax them to get in touch. Everytime I've used them I had good fast responces.
rhodyguy
no listing for 44 idfs at their site. the diff for carbs without the linkage is $600. implications many.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.