Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT TDF Breaks Apart
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newdeal2
I don't want to spoil the viewing of todays stage but it was very unusual...don't miss it flag.gif
Levi
?????????????
confused24.gif
opera guy
contain spoiler for saturday's stage.

Mein Kaiser.... what a dissapointment so far. i think ullrich's strategy needs to be like pantani's 1998 TdF. just go from a long ways out and launch a long ass attack. if he didnt make up enough time, try again the next day. at this point, he doesnt have that much to loose anymore. he's gotta attack from a long ways out
Joseph Mills
Ulrich looked better today than yesterday (Friday he started looking like Boris Karloff), but still suffered similar time loss. I'm sad to see it also. He and Lance have been such great rivals. He's been quoted as saying that now he has no chance left to win.

Kudos to Voeckler for hanging on to his jersey another day! An amazing effort.
lagunero
QUOTE(opera guy @ Jul 17 2004, 04:06 PM)
i think ullrich's strategy needs to be like pantani's 1998 TdF. just go from a long ways out and launch a long ass attack.

Ullrich has already tried that. He took off and rode the Tourmalet on his own, only to be caught by Lance & Co. I believe that Tour was the best chance he had against Armstrong and that stage seemed to mark his defeat. I thought Ullrich would come into this Tour in better shape but all he reminded me of was of an ex-Laker, simply livin' la vida Large. Perhaps too good for their own good. Yes! that Frenchman in Yellow has lotsa heart!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.