Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 944 turbo hubs,calipers, rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
Will the front calipers, rotors and hubs off of a 90 944 turbo work for a 914? I need to convert to 5 lug and was considering this as an option since they are cheaper than a 911 set up.
What would you have to do to adapt them to fit?
Has anyone tried this yet?
Is it worth the effort?
seanery
I've got 86 944 turbo front calipers on 911 Bilstein front struts with Carrera Rotors on the front of bluecar. The rear is Boxster rears with adapters and Carrera (maybe it's SC) rotors from Rich Johnson. This is all connected to a new 19mm Master Cylinder. I've got an adjustable prop valve that will go in the car when it gets to Indy.

I think there may be issues with the rest of the parts from your kit. In '86 none of the Calipers were ABS, your 90's will be a different part#.
soloracer
Where are you getting 1990 944 turbo brakes? From what I understand there were only 46 1990 944 Turbo's and they were sold in Canada. In the US they stopped selling the car in 1989. I know a guy with a 1990 951 here and his brakes are the same as on my 1989 and I believe they are the same as a 928 GT.
jgiroux67
My bad, they are from a 1990 944 S2. So will they work?
seanery
S2 are the same as turbo.
Aaron Cox
prolly need the 3.5" boltspacing on the struts i'd assume. cant get anything bigger than an m caliper on a 3" wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.