Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash, Wiring Harness & Heater control Removal...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dakotaewing
OK,
I've removed the dash, head light assembles, and am attempting to get the wiring harness out, but for you experienced folks out there, I need to know, where, how, and which cables to remove from the heater control to get the wiring harness out... Keep in mind that ALL the blower-heater-fan crap has to come out, and eventualy (sp?) put back in the car after a complete new paint job, (including trunks)...
Thanks Guys -
Thom
SirAndy
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Jul 17 2004, 06:08 PM)
Thanks Guys

do a search here on the board. all of those procedures have been described already in great detail.

make sure you search ALL of the posts, the default for the search is only the last 30 days!
wink.gif Andy
Joe Ricard
Or, just unhook all the push/pull wires in the trunk. should be three. pull the crome trim piece off the face of the heater control head. Pull the unit out of the dash disconnect the wires after you mark them.

push pull wires and housing should all come out with the unit. remember which one goes where. Digital pics always help here.
dakotaewing
Andy,
I did a search before I posted my question... There are 2 responses to my search, but neither specically addressed the heater and air controls... wink.gif

Topic Title Forum Topic Starter Replies Views Last Action
Dash removal questions (again)
914 and 9146 Technical forum itsa914 11 130 Nov 20 2003, 05:43 PM
Last Post by: Brad Roberts
Worst 914 R&R to do? I'd say dash removal !!
914 and 9146 Technical forum Mueller 19 255 Jun 9 2003, 08:20 AM
Last Post by: Lawrence914-6

Joe,
Thanks for the reply, I will give it a try again tomorrow...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.