Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To whom it may concern
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Your 6er conversion shift rod is done done.
Your box is in the shop attic and I can't get to it & I fergit who sent it to me sad.gif .

I'll get up there within the next coupl'a days & figure all this out....but I am curious as to who sent it. blink.gif

BTW, You youngn's have this shit to look forward to...if you're lucky. cool_shades.gif
JEM
Hey JP, if nobody claims that shift rod I need one. Also can you tell me what size metric to AN adapters I need for oil tank and engine.

Thanks,
Jerry
Porsche Rescue
Jerry, what are you up to? Putting a six in that green car?
Almost went to the hill climb earlier this month. How did you do?
JEM
Hi Jim,
Yes, I am about ready to put a 2.7 in the green car, just need a couple more parts. Have not done any hillclimbs this year,no racing is getting old.

Jerry
Porsche Rescue
Hate to admit it but JP is probably the best help/advice you can get for that project.
IronHillRestorations
The adapters for the engine case are M22 x 1.5. I've got them in stock. I can't remember the ones for the tank right off the top of my head, but I do remember they don't work great, you have clearance problems with the left side engine shelf and the flange for the rocker panel with the one on the bottom of the tank.

PK cool.gif
J P Stein
I got my adaptors from Otto's.
I hab no idea as to the sizes....but John does biggrin.gif
The one at the tank went right in.....got a pic somewhere. WTH, I'll take some new ones.
J P Stein
OK, pics. Close up of tank inlet. There's a big washer inside of the adaptor to hold the bottom of the tank in place......rubber washer under that.
J P Stein
A longer view...hope the focus is better.
J P Stein
The scavenge line. I went aft, then looped it fwd....more clearance from all the "stuff" that way.

Ugh....just pretend Andy took the pics biggrin.gif

Jerry:I have a jig to make up the shift rod. You're welcome to borrow it. All you need is an old tail shifter rod.....and a welder, of course.
johnlush
Hi J.P.,

I'm not sure if I'm the only one one who is taking advantage of your kindness but I'm pretty sure that's my shift rod you've got! I can't believe you forgot already who sent it to you, it's only been what - a year and a half? laugh.gif

Now we just need to figure out how I can compensate you for your generosity (besides the all expense paid fishing trip to the Green River) Do you drink or have any other social vices?

And, now I have no excuses for not getting offa my butt and getting my car finished!

I'll PM ya my shipping address. Thanks again!!!

John
scotty
Hate to admit it but JP is probably the best help/advice you can get for that project.

I don't hate to admit it...if I'd known he was around when I started my project umpity-ump years ago, he would have helped me spend my money more wisely (same amount, just spent on different things) wink.gif

Jerry: JP's got a first-class rig for making shift bars smile.gif
J P Stein
Sure, John Lush....I knew that cool_shades.gif
Porsche Rescue
It's just that he can get so uppity when you compliment him too much.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Jul 18 2004, 07:52 AM)
It's just that he can get so uppity when you compliment him too much.

Hay, I ain't got an uppity bone in my body. They're all twisted, bent & calcified so I'm all hunkered even when I ain't trying.
Porsche Rescue
OK, now that I see a little humility I'll stop picken at ya.
Don't give Jerry too much help or he may be chasin ya a little too close at the AX.
By the way, did you know he's a professional body and paint man? Might want to help him get that engine installed in exchange for some help with ULF's appearance (but then you'd need to change his name).
J P Stein
I don't think I've ever met Jerry......but that's one of the nice things bout gettin' senile......you can make new friends every day....hear new jokes, yada...

Body & paint guy, eh? Sounds like good man to know. I have some property that's being solt....the wife mentioned somethin' bout the ulfster needing paint....iff'n we came into some cash.....humm, I detect the makings of a plan. idea.gif

Sure, Jerry, I'd be happy to make you a shift rod laugh.gif

Lovely weekend.
Welded up the holes in the bed of my pickemup. Got the canopy back on. Smoked the alternator (literally, before we started welding).....brake lights quit workin'.
2 problems solved, 2 new ones....if it's got tits or tires, it's trouble....sorry ladies laugh.gif
Porsche Rescue
You've at least seen Jerry a time or two at PCA AX last year (or was it the year before"). He was driving a brown '84 (5?) Audi Turbo Quattro Coupe. A wise and mature gentleman, not as mature as me of course, but probably as wise.
J P Stein
If he's gonna AX the thing, I'd be glad to help him.
I could use some help beatin' up on them Z06s....cept for that black one....which is now red & even faster. headbang.gif
JEM
Thanks JP,

I will take you up on the offer to use the shift rod jig. I have a welder and an old tail shifter rod to use. I will call Otto's about the oil line adapters. I am going to use the car for auto x and hillclimbs. I will get in touch in a week or so about the shift rod jig.

Jerry
503-366-2911
jmmotorsports9@aol.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.