Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump with carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Okay conversion guys. I was originally going to run a Facet fuel pump on the firewall to the right of the engine mount, but now I'm relocating it to under the gas tank as that is where the oil thermostat is going to go.

My question is the following; seeing as how I have a 3 port fuel pump which I think is off a /6, would it be better to put it in the stock /6 location, or use the Facet up front under the Gas tank?
pcar916
Pumps like to push better than they like to suck. Up front is the right location and is away from heat. I'd put it and the filter where they can be serviced easily... especially the filter.

That means behind a door or up in the front compartment. I'm really draconian about serviceability when making mods to my car. Keeps me smiling more often when "things" happen to my ride.
jmill
Throw the Facet away and get the CB Rotory pump. It's internally regulated at 3 1/2 psi and pushes way more volume than the Facet.

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=577
RiqueMar
QUOTE(jmill @ Sep 18 2011, 12:11 PM) *

Throw the Facet away and get the CB Rotory pump. It's internally regulated at 3 1/2 psi and pushes way more volume than the Facet.

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=577

Ok, ok, all sounds good. Now should I go with the two fuel lines or just the single, and what diameter?

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm trying to steam ahead for Rennsport!
rfuerst911sc
I've been using the CB Performance rotary fuel pump for about a year now on my 3.0 with 40mm Weber carbs and no problems at all. It is quiet and delivers plenty of volume at 3.5 psi and a good price to boot. It's a no brainer.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Sep 18 2011, 02:13 PM) *

I've been using the CB Performance rotary fuel pump for about a year now on my 3.0 with 40mm Weber carbs and no problems at all. It is quiet and delivers plenty of volume at 3.5 psi and a good price to boot. It's a no brainer.

May I ask what type of fuel lines your running?
RiqueMar
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 18 2011, 02:13 PM) *

QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Sep 18 2011, 02:13 PM) *

May I ask what type of fuel lines your running?

Bump for fuel line sizes! icon_bump.gif
stugray
For carbs I ran one 3/8" steel line through the tunnel.
you can get it at Autozone. I believe 5 feet.

I put 3/8" (6AN) fittings on each end with parts from Jegs using a flaring tool.

Then I used the Holley rotary fuel pump (up front) with a holley pressure regulator in the engine bay.

NEVER use a stock FP with carbs OR put it up front without upgrading the lines.

Stu
avidfanjpl
Hey Stu,

That is great advice about the FP for carbs.

The PO on my 6 conversion put it up front, with a gauge in the engine compartment running about 3.4 lbs to 6 zeniths. He put new steel lines in with new hoses in the tunnel.

The car runs great! And now I know I don't have to sweat the install.

Thanks,

John
RiqueMar
Thanks guys! Just what I needed to know!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.